45735 replies to this topic

#44681 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 09:39 PM

Maybe we need a K'Nex movie... :thinking:

Edit: Using these as well

Edited by FrIeDeGgS, 18 August 2017 - 09:57 PM.

39751.png

Sad that I no longer have 69 internets

Current Project: Un-named Eurofighter

#44682 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 01:40 PM

Here's an idea: There is a place where all the best K'nex coasters are made, called SS.Coasterdale. Those who aren't able to keep up to the expectations will be sent away to the factory where the colorful pieces are made. The main character's hero will be the one running the factory and sending them to the K'nexus device... the main character tries to escape the factory but ends up being put into the machine so the rainbow of pieces can be made. 

In the K'nex factory, where fears and horrors come true; In the K'nex factory, where not a single figure gets through...

Then, in the second movie, one of the workers operating the barbaric machinery (a robot employee with emotions) will feel bad about killing off all of the figures and tries to save them all. With scenes of I tried my best to block out the screams, but they're still haunting me in my dreams. Yep. That's going to sell a lot of copies. 

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44683 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 04:26 PM

It is what it is :/ It seems like SSC's members have been getting older, on average, too. I remember I was 13 when I first joined and that wasn't uncommon at all. I suspect K'nex isn't as common of a gift to give your kids like it used to be. It used to be my main Christmas present every year.

Well I'd love to do a construction thread for my current project, but it's for work and I'm not sure they want me posting photos all over the internet before it's done. Anywho, here it is currently: http://m.imgur.com/hHN6Xy5

Also, has anyone tried painting a K'Nex coaster before?

So, I'm out of the loop. Who do you work for that building coasters is part of your job?

#44684 TEDDSTER

TEDDSTER

Polar Bear

• 267 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 06:27 PM

K'NEX shared one of my pictures yesterday of my KMG Rock Rage model (that I still need to complete).  (lol)

Attached File  IMG_7583.jpg   90.65KB   0 downloads

39797.png

#44685 TEDDSTER

TEDDSTER

Polar Bear

• 267 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 06:27 PM

K'NEX shared one of my pictures yesterday of my KMG Rock Rage model (that I still need to complete).  (lol)

Attached File  IMG_7583.jpg   90.65KB   0 downloads

I printed a few pieces of B&M VV track and it kind of worked and didn't. But I'm thinking of printing out a working 3D printed Vekoma Boomerang coaster without using knex besides for the motors/chains etc. It would probable take a few weeks to print out all of the track though. If I do, what colors should I make the supports, track, and trains?

*Uh it double posted... sorry, not sure how that happened.

Edited by TEDDSTER, 20 August 2017 - 11:21 PM.

39797.png

#44686 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 11:51 AM

Eclipse today. In typical Oregon fashion, people are protesting the Eclipse so they can get out of school, work, etc. Why would you protest something that can't be stopped? Most people here who do it are students and don't care about the message, but more about the time they get off. Are you kidding me?

Enough ranting, sorry about that. I'm going to a Mariners Game next week for my birthday and will stop by Wild Waves theme and waterpark for the credits. Train tickets to Seattle from Portland are pretty freaking cheap.

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#44687 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 02:02 PM

Eclipse was cool, but seems like you have to be in the totality for it to be awesome. Didn't get as dark as I thought it would.

#44688 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 04:51 PM

Yeah it was a big disappointment for me. I wish I had known I wasn't in a good area for it. I was really looking forward to it, and it didn't work out. I know it's kinda silly (for lack of a better word) of me, but I was really distraught over it, and I guess I still kind of am. I was really looking forward to the sky falling into darkness. I am so effing jealous of those who got to see the total eclipse. If anyone reads this and thinks "Wow, SCM is a whiny little brat..." then fair enough, but this feels like being left behind while others have fun. *rambles on and on* 

Edited by SCM, 21 August 2017 - 04:56 PM.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44689 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 07:46 PM

I was just happy to even see a partial eclipse since there were a ton of clouds in the morning, but they luckily cleared up later on when it actually happened. I guess it helped we had about 80% covered here though. It still was enough to look kinda weird outside though.

39751.png

#44690 sean9782

sean9782

Construction Foreman

• 124 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:03 PM

I drove about 2 hours to be in the path of totality and it was DEFINITELY worth it. I saw a clear ring, temperature drop, and the "Night Effect". Really cool experience.

4 Windseekers and counting...

#44691 X7123M3-256

X7123M3-256

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:24 AM

I wish I had known I wasn't in a good area for it.

Eclipses are very predictable - you can look up exactly where and when they're going to occur decades ahead of time. Wikipedia has a list of all solar eclipses in the 21st century and where they will be visible from.

#44692 YolosweggLord

YolosweggLord

Construction Foreman

• 138 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:52 AM

I just have to wait 7 years, if I'm still in San Antonio I'll get a good one in 2024. This was was nowhere near what I expected, all I saw was a small drop in light level.

#44693 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 02:08 PM

^^Haha yeah, I guess I have only myself to blame for not bothering to do the research beforehand. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44694 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 02:38 PM

For those of you lucky enough to have the eclipse this time, I hope it was fun. Just another day here...

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#44695 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:47 AM

Heading down to Orlando on Sunday for 8 nights to celebrate my 30th birthday.

#44696 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 08:45 AM

Happy early birthday, your majesty! *bows* 

Edit: I almost forgot, something strange happened last night with the weather. I turned off my lights and noticed flashes outside. I went over to the window and looked out. It was as if there was lightning in the distance, yet there was no thunder and no rain. I was kind of worried because I thought the lightning was happening way too often. It was my first time seeing heat lightning. 

Edited by SCM, 24 August 2017 - 12:02 PM.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44697 CartRacer56

CartRacer56

Inversion Enthusiast

• 1031 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 10:30 AM

Our whole school schedule was worked around the eclipse. We were in totality right near the center line. I went in with low expectations and they were met, not exceeded, but met. Definitely a cool thing to have seen totality. I wouldn't say it was life changing or that I would travel to see another one, but a cool experience none the less.

#44698 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 01:34 PM

^^ Heat lightning still weirds me out, I saw it for the first time this summer too.

Heading down to Orlando on Sunday for 8 nights to celebrate my 30th birthday.

Happy early birthday! Are you planning to revisit any parks while you're down here?

Can someone please build a recreation of this ride... it looks incredible.

#44699 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 02:21 PM

Well that's a... different way of making a non-inverting loop.

Edited by FrIeDeGgS, 24 August 2017 - 02:21 PM.

39751.png

#44700 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 04:20 PM

^^Anyone know what coaster that is and when it was built lol looks weird imo?