sniper ioageek 2013 hyper coaster

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:01 PM

Hey everyone, now that Scorpion has been cancelled, I decided to start a new coaster that is custom, don't expect any recreation from me in a while, they're really hard I just realized that! Ok now to the coaster, so I made the old scorpion's lift one tube taller so now the height is 6'5'' and the crest is next don't worry I'll move the coaster too. I also added cool brakes like Kumba, I may need to raise it so it'll get around the turn to the final brakes and station with the six car train I'm using for this ride maybe two trains but you never know, I have to lube my trains I haven't done so in a while. Finally, I but a creative pre drop layout thing which I like and includes a min Stengel dive thing too, and a smooth turn to my awesome tire drives I completed today and the train make it through it with the first three cars weighted up to the lift's first gear which I should have the lift working soon. I may need a little help on the lift with the shaping of the crest's supports with this kind of backbone that I'm using, but I think I got it thought too! There will be a test video not this update but next one for you guys too! After the next update I probably wont build for a couple weeks until Trevor (cg987) comes and goes for the night and so I don't use all my pieces so fast for are little cool coaster will build in a couple of hours throughout the day and then BGT with his family tomorrow and then I'll sleep in his trailer that night then its time for him to leave, but well meet again soon in the summer! Enjoy the pictures guys and have a great day!

The overview so far!
DSCN1045_zps02a9cab5.jpg
The brake run and turn into the final brake section and station
DSCN1047_zps81188e29.jpg
The creative pre lift I came up with instead of the usual turn to the lift like most B&M hyper and looping coasters do
DSCN1048_zpsb1583fdf.jpg
Twisty goodness!
DSCN1049_zps2551adaf.jpg
DSCN1055_zps8b0e90d3.jpg
DSCN1054_zps401d432c.jpg
The tire drives that lead to the lift
DSCN1053_zpsb997f2cb.jpg
The lift is perfect straight!
DSCN1051_zpsbbf58b32.jpg
All of my extra tubes that I used from scorpion that I won't go through the torture of taking them apart and using them for sniper's layout supports instead
DSCN1060_zpse0cf78d9.jpg
A high overview of what has been done so far!
DSCN1061_zps036b444b.jpg

Please comment!

Edited by IOAgeek, 21 November 2022 - 10:43 AM.

#2 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:08 PM

Right after the little stengel dive thingy the turn looks really sharp. Fix it and your golden!Keep up the great work! :)

#3 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:53 AM

I really like the funky pre-lift area. How do you expect to get the train though that banked corner connecting the brake run and the station?

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#4 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:00 AM

That must be taller than 6'5". It's taller than your closet door. That's a very tall lift. I'm going to guess 6'10".
And, as CG says, I like the pre-lift part, too.

I like the name too. Snipers rock.
Hopefully, it's one of those skilled, rogue snipers and not one of those lame, scope-humping campers.

#5 iCoaster44

iCoaster44

French K'nexpert

• 383 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:51 AM

I like your lift !
Big lift = big lay-out ? :)

#6 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:03 PM

That lift is huge. I can't wait to see what you have in mind for the drop. I really like the funky pre-lift part. :)

Posted Image

#7 -=TK=-

-=TK=-

Building maniacs

• 2753 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:06 PM

Wow, that is HUGE! Great job on it so far, I hope you can make a nice layout out of this height :)

-=Tk=-

Posted Image

#8 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:23 PM

Looking really nice so far. The size of the elements will be insane. Hope you have many thousands of grey rods because you'll need them. I might also join some of the lift supports together but I'm not really experienced with tubes so I don't know if that would be necessary. Good luck with this new one.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#9 NFC

NFC

Construction Foreman

• 148 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

This looks very good so far, but is it going to be a hyper or a looper. I can see it going both ways.

#10 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:20 PM

That is a big lift! I hope you have enough room for the coaster all together.

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#11 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:57 PM

Needless to say, O_O WOW that's big. Well, you should REALLY support this thing. There's endless possibilities for this, take a good one!

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#12 jp95

jp95

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:03 AM

i see a new gump here.
this thing is huge.
i hope you can fix this.

#13 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:35 AM

Tall model here. I like the little pre-lift maneuver. Always enjoy a little drop on a ride before it actually begins, ala Gwazi.

#14 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

Hey guys huge update here so lets get down to business first, thanks for all of the many great comments too ssc members! Ok first off I'm so sorry I haven't updated this coaster in a while first I made the jv baseball team for my high school so I have no time to build during the week only on the weekends till like 3 am each night and do much hw too ugh! Ok so i finally got the lift and tire drives working with 5 motors total four for the lift and one for the tire drive, it works perfectly! I built the turn and half of the drop I built it max height of the turn too and I think that its very smooth Finally I build a realistic and working chain guide and I put some great felix track supports on the track and in the three main holes of the x ties too i have so many green flexis too and the un supported track is now string and sturdy, coastergeek987 gave me the idea of it to thanks dude! Enjoy the pic and test video guys and have a great rest of your super bowl day if you live in America!

The overview so far
DSCN1225.jpg
DSCN1220.jpg
DSCN1231.jpg
DSCN1230.jpg
DSCN1229.jpg
The turn
DSCN1221.jpg
DSCN1223.jpg
DSCN1224.jpg
The drop
DSCN1222.jpg

The test video!

Edited by IOAgeek, 21 November 2022 - 10:44 AM.

#15 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:29 PM

Seems like my track strengtheners worked! You forgot a side view of the crest, but you don't need it, because it's 102% perfect (seen it in person ;)). Hook up some chain to the station area and have the 12 v motor that powers the tire drive also power the station chain! All looks epic so far, keep building!

You like the red tubing, don't you? (Also convinced him to use it!)

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#16 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:10 PM

Ha, that looks like some crazy thing I would make while messing around in NoLimits. The drop does have a bump, which you can see in the last picture. But it's super sturdy for how tall it is!

In case the video doesn't work for some people... Sniper knex roller coaster test 2 - YouTube

#17 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:59 AM

Just a little short of 7 feet, isn't it? Looks damn well.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#18 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:08 AM

Wow. That is... big. The strength of the structure is very surprising for the height. Kinda gives me hope for my own model. So much tubing...

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#19 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:41 AM

() _ () That's massive! Looks awesome, and the tubes don't shake that much. I'm impressed!

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#20 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:39 AM

There are a few bumps in the drop (one fo them Ryan pointed out) so just smooth it out as best as you can. So far this is looking like an awesome coaster!

Also, when building on this scale have you considered using grey rods for the track? It isn't necessary, but it will definitely save speed easier than flexi rods will.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sniper, ioageek, 2013, hyper coaster