sniper ioageek 2013 hyper coaster

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#21 soggyhotdoggg

soggyhotdoggg

Architect

• 605 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:28 PM

what is this going to be? A stand up? And that is one massive lift hill!

#22 Micro Mike 21

Micro Mike 21

U know......

• 604 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:23 PM

This just looks so sexy. The only negative is there is a bump in the drop, like Ryan pointed out. Fix that, and your golden!

Spoiler

#23 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:45 PM

Seems like my track strengtheners worked! You forgot a side view of the crest, but you don't need it, because it's 102% perfect (seen it in person ;)). Hook up some chain to the station area and have the 12 v motor that powers the tire drive also power the station chain! All looks epic so far, keep building!

You like the red tubing, don't you? (Also convinced him to use it!)

Thanks dude or coastergeek987 ;), I will soon, maybe tonight or tomorrow!

Ha, that looks like some crazy thing I would make while messing around in NoLimits. The drop does have a bump, which you can see in the last picture. But it's super sturdy for how tall it is!

In case the video doesn't work for some people... Sniper knex roller coaster test 2 - YouTube

Ha Ha, thanks, I fixed that bump in the drop like you said me too, it was there, because it was at the very end of the track so it didn't have that much support too!

Just a little short of 7 feet, isn't it? Looks damn well.

Thank you dude!

Wow. That is... big. The strength of the structure is very surprising for the height. Kinda gives me hope for my own model. So much tubing...

Thanks I know, I have tons in my two SS boxes btw!

() _ () That's massive! Looks awesome, and the tubes don't shake that much. I'm impressed!

Thanks!

There are a few bumps in the drop (one form them Ryan pointed out) so just smooth it out as best as you can. So far this is looking like an awesome coaster!

Also, when building on this scale have you considered using grey rods for the track? It isn't necessary, but it will definitely save speed easier than flexi rods will.

Thanks, I wanted to use grey rods, but I would run out of rods so fast, and I have tons of green flexi rods, so I just use a lot of those next to and underneath the track, so it doesn't bed and shakes much, when the heavy train comes by over it, too!

what is this going to be? A stand up? And that is one massive lift hill!

Its a hyper! I know the lift hill, is about 6'7.

This just looks so sexy. The only negative is there is a bump in the drop, like Ryan pointed out. Fix that, and your golden!

Spoiler

Thanks you, I foxed that bump, on the drop like you said me too, here comes the update!

Hey guys, here's the next sniper update you've been waiting for, especially coastergeek987, I have been very busy, but baseball season is over in two weeks, just before spring break which I will have plenty of time to do so too, yaa. So I finished the drop that's very sturdy, and the smooth turn which has good banking I think, I didn't use many flexis, underneath that part of the track, since the track is so low to the base at that point in the rides layout already so I used tons of connectors, to keep the coaster sturdy at that part and save tons of speed too! Finally, I built half of the hill and I used to b and m hill supports, which I think turned out very nice and realistic, the footers are super strong, I am running out of gray rods, but I'll order so more and use so green rods in the meantime. I know what your thinking it's going to hit the couch, but I'm going to move the coaster back, all the way to the window door, and move the couch to the left all the way, to get the next turn in, don't worry it'll be smooth and good. There will be no test video this update, since I'm taking off my stickers off of my trains, well other ones too with them sitting ina hot bowl of water for a hour with some soap and goof off mixed into the water, I couldn't find any white spirit at walmart for you guys, sorry, and cleaning and lubing them out two, it almost make the hill by a rod and a half when the train is unweighted too, so I should be able to make the half weighted train make that hill two, the other side of the hill, will be the opposite of the other side of the hill too. My goal is to finish this coaster by the end of may, which I should be on good pace to be doing so, to start my summer coaster for the guys the following, couple of weeks too. Should I use two trains that are ok, or use my best six cars with only one train for this coaster, btw, my JV baseball team is undefeated 8-0 woo only 5 more game to got, for us the varsity ends a month later! Enjoy the pictures guys and have a great rest of your day, make sure, to set your clocks an hour ahead before you go to bed, for daylight savings times too ya it will be darker later now too for summer and spring! I only lost a gray rod and a half, only the height for this coaster!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
My view and backyard at my house, from my building room window, the other huge half, is by my room side window, which I may relocate for snipers final video, what do you guys think about that, I have plenty of room for it, and tons of shade, too!
Posted Image
Posted Image
My pool, too, it's kind of cold now to swim in ther, I already felt the freezing water in it today maybe in two months or so, you never know!
Posted Image

Please comment!

Edited by IOAgeek, 09 March 2013 - 07:51 PM.

#24 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:53 PM

Nice house, Dude. What does your dad do?
*ahem* Anyway. The coaster looks awesome. I'm amazed that you went from HRRR to this behemoth. That is a crap-ton of flexi rods in there and the track looks super strong. And you're doing a very nice job on the supports, too. This could very well be your breakthrough model.

In fact, it's so good that I almost don't want to bring up the bump over the 2nd-to-last tube.

Edited by The Stig, 09 March 2013 - 08:13 PM.

#25 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:06 PM

Spectacular. Please send me a test video, and I love the little palm tree by the pool too I don't remember seeing that. Your speed conservation and shaping are both excelent!

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#26 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:28 PM

Did you build these tubes and then added track or the other way around? The shaping is a little off, but I know it is very hard at that scale.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#27 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:31 PM

Wow IOA, that looks really cool so far. How tall is that camelback compared to the start of the first drop? It looks like the speed-conservation here is unbelievably good, especially for a coaster of this size. In fact, this may be the best speed-saving I've ever seen. Keep it up! :)
Edit: lol Stig, so true.

Edited by SCM, 09 March 2013 - 08:51 PM.

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#28 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:34 PM

Posted Image

#29 crazyracer

crazyracer

Architect

• 550 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:58 AM

nice, supports seem very sturdy for how big this mammoth is , angle for the drop looks perfect and different than any of the other models which is really cool

#30 MrRemcoStyle

MrRemcoStyle

dream'n

• 378 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:33 PM

Crazy how big it is, damm! Looks good and great support, looks very strong!

Posted Image

#31 RCT2123

RCT2123

Most Rides Cancelled :-)

• 5771 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:39 PM

This thing is a beast. There are quite a few bumps along the way, but tubes can be a pain at this scale. The size is really impressive. Keep it up, man.

Posted Image

#32 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:11 AM

Like others have said, it's not quite there yet, it's close though, and very impressive. I hope pieces aren't an issue.

#33 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:03 AM

Look slightly bumpy at the bottom of the drop but apart from that tiny thing, the rest is very impressive. I though you would've lost more height than that but I'm glad you didn't. Continue like this and we have a serious contender for Top Model I think.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#34 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:50 PM

Look slightly bumpy at the bottom of the drop but apart from that tiny thing, the rest is very impressive. I though you would've lost more height than that but I'm glad you didn't. Continue like this and we have a serious contender for Top Model I think.

Thanks, I fixed the drop, I know right, me too and I hope so too!

Like others have said, it's not quite there yet, it's close though, and very impressive. I hope pieces aren't an issue.

Ik thanks, I cam and will buy more pieces when I run out of the certain ones too!

This thing is a beast. There are quite a few bumps along the way, but tubes can be a pain at this scale. The size is really impressive. Keep it up, man.

Ik thanks I smoothed out those bumps that you pointed out to me.

Crazy how big it is, damm! Looks good and great support, looks very strong!

Thank you!

nice, supports seem very sturdy for how big this mammoth is , angle for the drop looks perfect and different than any of the other models which is really cool

Thanks Ik, I'm loving the non shakiness for this huge hyper knex coaster, too!

Posted Image

Ha ha thanks I love that picture and my great train, too!

Wow IOA, that looks really cool so far. How tall is that camelback compared to the start of the first drop? It looks like the speed-conservation here is unbelievably good, especially for a coaster of this size. In fact, this may be the best speed-saving I've ever seen. Keep it up! :)
Edit: lol Stig, so true.

Thanks!

Did you build these tubes and then added track or the other way around? The shaping is a little off, but I know it is very hard at that scale.

IK, first I build the tubes and connect them, then I added the track and shapped it out smooth, then I adjusted the tubes according to the smooth track shapping too!

Spectacular. Please send me a test video, and I love the little palm tree by the pool too I don't remember seeing that. Your speed conservation and shaping are both excellent!

Thannks, me too, oh ok then, whatever!

Nice house, Dude. What does your dad do?
*ahem* Anyway. The coaster looks awesome. I'm amazed that you went from HRRR to this behemoth. That is a crap-ton of flexi rods in there and the track looks super strong. And you're doing a very nice job on the supports, too. This could very well be your breakthrough model.

In fact, it's so good that I almost don't want to bring up the bump over the 2nd-to-last tube.

Thanks, I know I fixed and smoothed out that bump too!

Hey guys, I'm back from building kumba and the drop that Trevor took apart and restarted on too, from all my good supports on that drop too, ahh! Well, I finally had time to finish the other side of the hill, which I think looks, smoother than the first half, I only lost a gray and a half rod of height from the top of the first drop, too! The train is fully weighted now completely, because the first four cars weighted, wouldn't make it over the hill so I added weights on each car on the train, and now it makes it realistically and with perfect speed too, like in the test video down a bit, in this update, now. I know you thought, I was running out of room, but I moved the couch to the left now so I can build the next element in my coaster, which will be a overbank stengal dive thing, like on titanoboa, too! I'm probably going to buy some more gray rods, to finish the rest of the layout, but, I have plenty of green rods now too! Finally, I have to finish this coaster by June because I'm using my pieces, that have for kumba to finish the rest of the layout once coastergeek987, runs out of pieces for kumba so then. I also added new brakes on the finall brake run, before the train goes into the station, and is inspired by kumba's brakes, that I saw and work perfectly too, like mine in both test videos! Also, it's been a year since I updated for my wooden coaster called Renegade for the 9 day coaster contest which I got third in and build all day last year at this time till midnight, too, ugh! I also got a brand new orange small basketball for my small basketball hoop outside next to my pool,m I think I showed you guys in one picture, too, and tons of money from my grandparents and family, to buy tons of needed pieces, too on ebay, of there are any good details now, ugh! So, enjoy the update, pics, and test video, and have a great rest of your day and Easter too, I'm full now from brunch at Island way too yum! I can't wait for baseball starts tonught in two hours, ahh, Texas Rangers is going to wipp up on those stupid and bad Houston Astors joining the hard AL teams ha ha good luck guys, and go Rays!!!

Some great hill pictures!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
The new brakes too!
Posted Image

The test video, I took it with my iphone 4, like trevor sed too since I can upload it fast and quick to youtube, too, sorry for the shakiness I tryed to hold it steady throughout the video, it's hrad, when your moving too, but youtube fixed it up a lot!!!

Please comment!

Edited by IOAgeek, 31 March 2013 - 04:55 PM.

#35 Micro Mike 21

Micro Mike 21

U know......

• 604 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:58 PM

That just looks plain amazing. Everything just looks so smooth and perfect.

#36 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:30 PM

Dude, that's awesome! I need to come and see this if I go to bgt in 2 weeks. I'll help you build too!
The video wouldn't load for me, but I e already seen a test! Great job, and finish by June!

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#37 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:32 AM

That just looks plain amazing. Everything just looks so smooth and perfect.

Ik right and thanks, too!

Dude, that's awesome! I need to come and see this if I go to bgt in 2 weeks. I'll help you build too!
The video wouldn't load for me, but I e already seen a test! Great job, and finish by June!

Thanks, and I hop you come over to my house to build sniper, and go to BGT too woo! Sorry, the video was editing still from the editing shakiness that YouTube was helping out with too, and I will trust meeee!

Keep the comments coming guys!!!

#38 Witting

Witting

Lead Engineer

• 1077 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:02 AM

And i am sitting here with my 2 grey taall coaster

#39 crazyracer

crazyracer

Architect

• 550 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:22 AM

nice everything is amazing the drop tat air hill EVERYTHING GREAT JOB WITH THIS

#40 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:14 AM

And i am sitting here with my 2 grey taall coaster

Ha HA LOL thanks dude!

nice everything is amazing the drop tat air hill EVERYTHING GREAT JOB WITH THIS

Thanks, dude!

Hey everyone here's another update of sniper, my knex roller coaster I'm building now I wont write as much for this update because I'm not feeling it and I;m so tired and going to be in 5 min soon! So I build the over bank and it's very smooth and my best one yet the turn and supports remind me of helmut's stalen ride too, and titanaboa by nccoasters too I think it going to be a over bank at the beginning and kick out to a angle to do the Stengel dive which it while then keep going in the layout with plenty of room then! I only last a green rod of height and I'm not kidding when I built this element over the weekend to until 1 am again each day ahh like right now too! It makes it with perfect speed right now and I love the pacing of this coaster too! I'm going to smooth out the end of the over bank when the Stengel dive starts and I like the banking the over bank has now! Finally, sorry for the blurry pics, well some of them, Ik my camera sucks maybe I should take pictures with my iphone 4 instead like I'm doing now with the test video too which is much better and I got music in the test video thanks to youtube's music choice the have already of me but weird songs I've never heard of too before. The over bank is all the way touching the wall btw so that's good for me because that's just how I planned it and those supports where hard to build in the corner well the diagonal ones, ugh!!! So enjoy the pictures and test video guys, and have a great rest of your day! I'm on pace for this coaster to finish this by May 20th or so my deadline is the the first day of June then I get to run it for two weeks straight and the shooting of the final video, and then I have to take it down to use my pieces to finish our Kumba recreation then too, woo!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The test video!!!

Please comment!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sniper, ioageek, 2013, hyper coaster