sniper ioageek 2013 hyper coaster

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#41 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:08 AM

The left of the over bank still needs to be farther to the right. If you change the right side to match the left it'll be perfect.

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#42 KBP2000

KBP2000

I love music

• 266 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:28 AM

AWSOME!!!!!

Posted Image
KBP2000

#43 amagzi24

amagzi24

Time-lacking Peasant

• 439 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:37 AM

Everything looks great, but the first picture revealed some twisting in the first hill, which you should try to adjust.

Fury325|MF|Maverick|Shambhala|TTD|El Toro|Diamondback|Griffon|Valravn|Boulder Dash|Leviathan 

Coaster Count: 215

#44 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:56 AM

The track seems to be incredibly forced right where the tubes are on the hill. The overbank can be pushed out a tiny bit on the entry side.

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#45 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:37 AM

Please fix what Max said. Also, you could straighten the track on the first picture, it could save you some speed. The overbank is a bit too 'steep', please take a look on the overbank on Expedition GeForce. I definitely like the size of this project and the train has a nice speed through every element! On huge coasters like this it can be difficult to get the overall shaping right, but try your best! :)

Posted Image

#46 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:40 AM

Everything is looking good but reinforcements definitely have to be added to the hill where the clear deformation is. Maybe more track strengtheners or something of the sort. Make sure you support the hell out of the overbank because as you can see, the size of this ride created deformation on an airhill where lateral movement is at a minimal. So imagine what it would do to your overbank over time. Just something to keep in mind.

Good work on this thing so far, I'll be following this for sure.

Check out my blog: Life Is A Roller Coaster

(Coaster count: 504)

Blitzen Cyber Chase Prowler Tuscarora Ra: God of Sun Jersey Thunder Phoenix La Bestia Ripsaw

#47 crazyracer

crazyracer

Architect

• 550 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:03 AM

great job on this coaster loving it expect fix that over bank like helmut and max said fix that and it will be perfect great job on speed to

#48 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:03 AM

The left of the over bank still needs to be farther to the right. If you change the right side to match the left it'll be perfect.

AWSOME!!!!!

Everything looks great, but the first picture revealed some twisting in the first hill, which you should try to adjust.

The track seems to be incredibly forced right where the tubes are on the hill. The overbank can be pushed out a tiny bit on the entry side.

Please fix what Max said. Also, you could straighten the track on the first picture, it could save you some speed. The overbank is a bit too 'steep', please take a look on the overbank on Expedition GeForce. I definitely like the size of this project and the train has a nice speed through every element! On huge coasters like this it can be difficult to get the overall shaping right, but try your best! :)

I like the overbank's angle now so I'm going to keep it like that for now! Thanks dude!

Everything is looking good but reinforcements definitely have to be added to the hill where the clear deformation is. Maybe more track strengtheners or something of the sort. Make sure you support the hell out of the overbank because as you can see, the size of this ride created deformation on an airhill where lateral movement is at a minimal. So imagine what it would do to your overbank over time. Just something to keep in mind.

Good work on this thing so far, I'll be following this for sure.

IK and I put some more track strengtheners even though I'm running out of flexes soon but I can finish the layout with the ones I have left!

great job on this coaster loving it expect fix that over bank like helmut and max said fix that and it will be perfect great job on speed to

Thanks, Ilove the pacing and speed of sniper so far, too!

Hey everyone, here's a huge update from me on sniper. I finished the overbank and I tried to gain tons of length back from the air hill and turn and such too. I also, built a Stengel dive which looks pretty smooth considering its made out of tubes and no one has made one out of tubes so far I think. I finally got the train to make the Stengel, after I lowered it a small granite rod and lubed and fixed the weights on my train later in the day too! I only lost a gray rod and a blue rod in height from the overbank to the Stengel I had to support that turn in between it too, because it was to flimsy and killing all of my speed for the ride at that time. The pullout is not done yet it will turn more a bit into another medium overbank and the track will attach to some turn, hill, and drop supports now, to save pieces in the future for me! I also, added a tension gear to the lift so it could help out the motors ok it more pretty good and I like it for now and I added a chain to the station, and now the car perfectly goes into the brakes nicely and from the friction of the chain too. Finally, I moved the hockey table thing to the blinds in the room to allow me to build the overbank easier and clear for the brake run turn, mirrored after kumba too! i took some flexes out of the airhill so I could use them for the x ties in the layout to come, because, I was fresh out of them, and now I got 164 more now from them woo! So, enjoy the pictures and test video which should come tomorrow I'm tiered and going for bed this update is for coastergeek987,and have a great rest of your day!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
All of the elements together, in one picture woo!!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
I think the banking on the Stengel Dive is good and perfect now after many fixes on it!!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image
That's where, the hockey table used to be!
Posted Image
That's where I moved it to with the help of my dad to it for now, we surprisingly didn't drop it on anything of sniper thankfully that would of been terrible trust meee!
Posted Image
Sexy shot of the Stengel Dive element epically, and the other elements in sniper's layout too, these were hard pictures to take too, ugh!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Where the overbank is going to go!
Posted Image
Some pieces that I have left, too for now!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Also, gluing your tubing track splices, can help the train not loose to much speed, in between that nasty transitions in the layout of any coaster is worked for me and helps keep speed so far, too, trust me make it perfect on the tubing form the glue though too wipe it all up on the missed spot on the tubing, then!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Ahh so many pictures it's finally done now!

Please comment!!!!

#49 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:19 AM

Wow. That's very large. I like the new elements and they're shaped nicely. Apart from a few small bumps, it all looks fantastic.

#50 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:28 AM

Even though there are a few small bumps like Stig said that still doesn't take away from the overall size and shaping. I hope you go with the layout I told you over FaceTime, and I'm happy you updated becasue now you don't need to endure the musical Ferris wheel sound module. :D

EDIT: Do I see Gushers on the couch?

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

#51 crazyracer

crazyracer

Architect

• 550 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:35 PM

wow really looking good so far. banked turn is really nice for that layout and stengle dive is kick tail perfect nailed it spot on , lift ,air hill , and drop are really cool so good job with that , and also great job with kumba , it`s is just as great

#52 IonZer0

IonZer0

Wow, we can make these statuses really long now.

• 859 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:06 PM

I think that you should honestly re-track most of the coaster to grey rods, because there are lots of small bumps and straight spots that take away from the coaster. Having lots of flexi's does not make up for three or four grey rods. Look at Jogumpie's newest coaster. Not saying you have to use that many, but I think it would greatly improve your building skill if you used four or five grey rods for tracking. The track would smooth itself out for you, and less weight would be exerted on the supports, so less supports would be needed. Just something to consider. Looks absoulutely incredible otherwise! Keep up the great work! :D

Posted Image

TOP 10

1. I305 2. Fury325 3. Skyrush 4. Manta 5. Thunderhead 6. Stormrunner 7. Wildcat 8. Fahrenheit 9. Intimidator 10. Wild Eagle

I305 Count: 11

#53 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:00 PM

First I'd like to say this is Trevor, Brandon is cleaning my trains right now, so I thought I'd update.

Wow. That's very large. I like the new elements and they're shaped nicely. Apart from a few small bumps, it all looks fantastic.

Yeah, it is a tad bumpy but we made it as smooth as we could for the final video!

Even though there are a few small bumps like Stig said that still doesn't take away from the overall size and shaping. I hope you go with the layout I told you over FaceTime, and I'm happy you updated becasue now you don't need to endure the musical Ferris wheel sound module. :D

EDIT: Do I see Gushers on the couch?

What IOAgeek would say: I really hate that sound module, and yeah there are a few small bumps, but it's fine. And yeah, those are gushers.

wow really looking good so far. banked turn is really nice for that layout and stengle dive is kick tail perfect nailed it spot on , lift ,air hill , and drop are really cool so good job with that , and also great job with kumba , it`s is just as great

Thanks.

I think that you should honestly re-track most of the coaster to grey rods, because there are lots of small bumps and straight spots that take away from the coaster. Having lots of flexi's does not make up for three or four grey rods. Look at Jogumpie's newest coaster. Not saying you have to use that many, but I think it would greatly improve your building skill if you used four or five grey rods for tracking. The track would smooth itself out for you, and less weight would be exerted on the supports, so less supports would be needed. Just something to consider. Looks absoulutely incredible otherwise! Keep up the great work! :D

What Brandon would say: I don't have any gray rods left, and I had to buy some more especially for this coaster. And the coaster can only be run about 3 or 4 times at most before the tack becomes misshapen and needs to be smoothed again.. Which is a painstaking process. Thanks, too!

The crap that came out of my train, which as never been cleaned in my (Trevor) posession.
Posted Image

Head chopper turn
Posted Image

Posted Image

Do note the end of the coaster is very very rough and under supported because Brandon ran out of pieces.
Posted Image

Sniper used all his X ties except three which are broken pieces
Posted Image

Nice air time hill into the brakes
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

OH MY! There's something under the lift!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Brandon also built nice little VV catwalks and a station, I don't know if they're in the pics or not.

FINAL FREAKING VIDEO:

Please comment!

#54 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:58 PM

WOW! I love what you did with the layout. This is just stunning. Great job. :)

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#55 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:22 PM

Can you guys find me in the video? I'm hiding somewhere! (Aaron, don't give me away!)

Very awesome job with this, even though you have about 500 pieces left you finished the coaster strong and I think it turned out very great! Awesome job, friend.

#56 amagzi24

amagzi24

Time-lacking Peasant

• 439 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:32 PM

Oh that's easy, you're right behind the... Haha jk, I don't really think anyone will get it, it doesn't look like it's you, so it's hard to tell.

Fury325|MF|Maverick|Shambhala|TTD|El Toro|Diamondback|Griffon|Valravn|Boulder Dash|Leviathan 

Coaster Count: 215

#57 BubbleMan 32714

BubbleMan 32714

V Cube Solver

• 717 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:36 PM

Very well done.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#58 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:16 AM

That was a very nice video to watch.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#59 Cobra Roller

Cobra Roller

I have all six Infinity Stones

• 728 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:42 AM

This is hands down the sexiest coaster I've seen in years.

#60 crazyracer

crazyracer

Architect

• 550 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:37 AM

wow this thing turned out incredible. The reason I love it so much is because it`s so unique ,great job on the entire coaster.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sniper, ioageek, 2013, hyper coaster