85 replies to this topic

#1 Kevkillerke

Kevkillerke

Mr. circus

• 1658 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 08:09 AM

Hello guys :D

I started a new coaster, finally!
It wil be a small inverted coaster, and I just built the lift (although I will add a catwalk for the chain and maybe diagonals)

Picture time:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

*Edit: I fixed the bended tube
Posted Image

So, what do you guys think?
I'dd like to go for a turning drop :)

Edited by Kevkillerke, 21 May 2014 - 12:40 PM.

Posted Image
Click > Spirit Bomb/Blue Fire!/Double O/Kirnu < Click
SSC award 2014: Best SlimTrack Coaster
Eruption
Posted Image

#2 Yannick

Yannick

Colossos Forever

• 614 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 08:17 AM

Looks great so far! I love tube supported VV coasters.
I think a turning drop with a twisty layout would look very cool.:D
Keep on building !

Posted Image

Coaster Count: 84

Check out My new Eurofighter

1- Colossos 2- Tatsu 3- Formula Rossa 4- Kraken 5- BlueFire 6- Hulk 7- Dragon Challenge 8- X2 9- Scream(SFMM) 10- Krake

#3 StuntPilot22

StuntPilot22

The Eingsh Teacher

• 141 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 08:36 AM

Do you have the real VV inverted cars?

Help me get a coaster installed at a new local theme park! http://www.ipetition...-in-west-berlin

Debut Models : Declaration Of Insanity :Mount Spacemore :Schwarzkopf Loop :Robotboy The Ride: Ballista: Nightfire: Roxxer : Reactor :Fireblast
To-Build List-: Longstrike : Star Jet : Synder :Water Coaster?
No, not the English teacher..
The Eingsh Teacher!

#4 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:36 AM

Looking great, Ading diagonals should help a lot on the lift. For the drop I think you should do a Banshee style turning drop.

Edit: your lift apears to not be perfectlu straight, Id suggest strengthening your backbone.

Edited by Gvus, 06 April 2014 - 09:40 AM.

#5 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:44 AM

Looks cool. I don't think diagonals on the lift are extremely nessicary, but they do help. Just make sure you have a lot of diagonals on the turning drop, or other twisty elements.

(1)- Voyage (2)- X2 (3)- Steel Vengeance (4)- Twisted Colossus (5)- Storm Chaser [6]- Fury 325 (7)- Outlaw Run (8)- Maverick (9)- Magnum XL-200 (10)- Monster

Coaster Count: 174

Park Count: 25

#6 CowmanBearPig

CowmanBearPig

In The begining....

• 533 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:44 AM

Its great to see you building again! My only complaint is that the third tube support bends very far in ward. I understand if that can't be fixed though. Good luck with this, inverts are really fun to build and I'm sure you'll have a great final product!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Current Project

Launched Coaster

#7 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:49 AM

Great to see you building again! I'm always a fan of your builds.
That base looks great and I'm excited to see what kind of layout you have in mind.

Posted Image

#8 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:25 AM

You're back from the dead! My only criticism is that the lift doesn't look straight. Everything else is spot on!

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#9 < NCcoaster >

< NCcoaster >

panaino

• 677 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:29 PM

Since I don't remember you ever having turn pieces and you have spiked track, does that mean the turn drop will be like Banshee? That would be sick, I can't wait. I'm excited to see you building again because you are a great vv builder, and you haven't done anything in over a year. Everything looks good except for the bending on the lift, good luck!

#10 Kevkillerke

Kevkillerke

Mr. circus

• 1658 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 05:28 PM

Looks great so far! I love tube supported VV coasters.
I think a turning drop with a twisty layout would look very cool.:D
Keep on building !

I love them too :P
Turning drop it is ;)

Do you have the real VV inverted cars?

Yes I have them, but I don't know if I should use them. I will test with normal and inverted cars to see what looks/works the best.

Looking great, Ading diagonals should help a lot on the lift. For the drop I think you should do a Banshee style turning drop.

Edit: your lift apears to not be perfectlu straight, Id suggest strengthening your backbone.

Yep, I will add diagonals. I looked at a picture of batman the ride for the lift/drop :)
I tried to fix the lift.

Looks cool. I don't think diagonals on the lift are extremely nessicary, but they do help. Just make sure you have a lot of diagonals on the turning drop, or other twisty elements.

With the diagonals, the lift will be much more solid. That can help reduce the shaking in the drop. And it looks cool I think.

Its great to see you building again! My only complaint is that the third tube support bends very far in ward. I understand if that can't be fixed though. Good luck with this, inverts are really fun to build and I'm sure you'll have a great final product!

I fixed that tube, and inverts are indeed fun, but hard.

Great to see you building again! I'm always a fan of your builds.
That base looks great and I'm excited to see what kind of layout you have in mind.

Hearing that from you made me smile :D
The base was from my cancelled coaster, so maybe I'll still change it.

You're back from the dead! My only criticism is that the lift doesn't look straight. Everything else is spot on!

Yeah, the lift didn't looked like it is supposed to look. It is better now I think.

Since I don't remember you ever having turn pieces and you have spiked track, does that mean the turn drop will be like Banshee? That would be sick, I can't wait. I'm excited to see you building again because you are a great vv builder, and you haven't done anything in over a year. Everything looks good except for the bending on the lift, good luck!

I built once with turn pieces, but I like this style more. And thanks for the compliment :)

So, small update about the lift:

I added a catwalk underneath the lift, the design looks cool, but it is still a bit shaggy :/
Also the crest is still bothering me. I made it a bit better then the pictures below, but that still needs some work.
The main problem is the weight of all the pieces, it makes the lift/catwalk bend.

This is the catwalk
Posted Image

Posted Image

From this point of view, the crest is really ugly :P
Posted Image

So, do you guys have ideas fixing the problem of the catwalk/crest?
I am off for 5 days, so no update until then :(

Posted Image
Eruption
Posted Image

#11 Cobra Roller

Cobra Roller

I have all six Infinity Stones

• 728 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 05:36 PM

I'm excited for this one. The shaping looks pretty nice. However, you may want to keep the distance between the catwalk and the track the same throughout the lift. I notice that it is farther away near the crest. Also, since this is a VV coaster, speed loss is horrendous. You may want to add some diagonals to minimize shaking.

#12 coasterfanatic11

coasterfanatic11

Who said that?!?

• 1190 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:07 PM

Oh I'd LOVE to see an Alpengeist drop pulled off with VV! Looking good! Other than the kinda curvy lift, but I don't think that can be helped with that spine of yours. :P

-cf11 (H)

Posted Image

^props to CAC!^

Check out Semeru!

#13 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:23 PM

Yes, I'm so glad you decided to make another coaster!
Everything looks good, I think one of the reasons the lift looks curvy is because it is so steep. Can't wait to see more of this. :)

Edited by -=Zach=-, 06 April 2014 - 10:39 PM.

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#14 crazyracer

crazyracer

Architect

• 550 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:58 PM

This is great, glad yuor building coasters again we missed yeah haha.

K`nex always for life ;)

#15 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:48 PM

Build the catwalk in segments. Have a straight part parallel the lift and then 45 at the crest. I wouldn't even bother with the bottom part.

As for the track, use tornado spine. It's an excellent shaping tool and works great as a spine.

Edited by The Stig, 08 April 2014 - 07:51 PM.

#16 Kevkillerke

Kevkillerke

Mr. circus

• 1658 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:10 AM

So I did what you guys told me to do :)
I used another spine, made the lift less steep and I took out a part of the catwalk.

Here are some pictures:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here is the bottom of the lift, It works :D
Posted Image

And a really cool picture of the train
Posted Image

What do you think, is the lift ok?

Posted Image
Eruption
Posted Image

#17 ZachCreate

ZachCreate

i am very exciting...

• 343 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:27 AM

In the third to last picture, it looks like at the bottom of the lift, the chain goes really far to the left, otherwise this looks really awesome and I will, be watching this thread. :D

1. Maverick 2. Millennium Force 3.Top Thrill Dragster 4. Bizarro (Six Flags New England) 5. The Beast 6. X2 7. Full Throttle 8. Banshee 9. Xcelerator 10. Medusa (Six Flags Discovery Kingdom)

Posted Image

#18 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:36 AM

The chain is probably not resting in the chain peices. I don't know what they are called. Other than that. This is looking very good and I can not wait to see the finished product.

(1)- Voyage (2)- X2 (3)- Steel Vengeance (4)- Twisted Colossus (5)- Storm Chaser [6]- Fury 325 (7)- Outlaw Run (8)- Maverick (9)- Magnum XL-200 (10)- Monster

Coaster Count: 174

Park Count: 25

#19 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:37 AM

Looks fantastic. I can't wait to see what you do fro the drop! :)

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#20 Kevkillerke

Kevkillerke

Mr. circus

• 1658 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:16 AM

Thanks for the positive comments :D
I did a few more changes to the lift: I added a gear, pimped the catwalk and did a bit fine tuning.
Furthermore I started the drop, I am pretty happy about it.
Keep in mind that the supports are not final, it is just to show you guys the shaping!

Here are some pictures:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Please comment your thoughts :)

Posted Image
Eruption
Posted Image