inverted micro

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#41 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:59 AM

You might want to try using less rods in the spine for the top of the loop. Rods are especially tough to bend when they're in the 45° slots... I mean X's will be more flexible than +'s. Also, remember what you did for crossbow's spine and try using spacers in that small radius.

Regardless, the loop still came out pretty good. Your drop is nice too ;)

#42 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:24 AM

In the top half of the loop you should change to a two rod spine, this should keep the loop from being pointy and lopsided.

#43 Kevkillerke

Kevkillerke

Mr. circus

• 1658 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:34 PM

seems lopsided but maybe its just the pic

It was not good :P It wasn't the picture.

Looking fantastic! With a spine, it is very hard to shape micro, and I know this from experience. If you want to try and find something that you could try to redo, here is where I notice uneven spots. Posted Image
However I think It looks great and the changes don't need to be made. Can't wait for more of this coaster!
Don't oil your VV cars, I did more research and it is a bad idea. The wheels and axles are made of different materials then SS cars.Sorry for the other suggestion.

The only two problems I can see with the loop is that it is a bit lopsided, and pointy.
I would keep playing with the shape of it, until you get something like this:
Posted Image

Also, how fast does the train run through the loop?

I tried another chape :P
And I have a test video for you.

I agree keep fixing the shape of the loop and it should look good. What I`m saying is work on the top of the loop and the pullout/pull in and it should be perfect,everything else is beautiful and I would try to create something like Batman the ride with a bit of a twist.

I don't know what will be next, as soon as I finished that loop I will know :P

You might want to try using less rods in the spine for the top of the loop. Rods are especially tough to bend when they're in the 45° slots... I mean X's will be more flexible than +'s. Also, remember what you did for crossbow's spine and try using spacers in that small radius.

Regardless, the loop still came out pretty good. Your drop is nice too ;)

With pain in my heart, I said goodbye to the 4 rods spine.
Although I have no clue what you mean with crossbow's spine.

In the top half of the loop you should change to a two rod spine, this should keep the loop from being pointy and lopsided.

2 rod spine didn't work.

Update about the loop (again...)!

So, I removed the spine (wtf my fingers :o) and tried to add supports first.
But it still was impossible to add a bbaler spine. I just added a flexie because I had an idea for the theming and it's just important :P

Anyway, here is the new loop + a test video:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
I know the loop shakes to much, I'll fix that for sure.

Comments are still very welcome.

Posted Image
Click > Spirit Bomb/Blue Fire!/Double O/Kirnu < Click
SSC award 2014: Best SlimTrack Coaster
Eruption
Posted Image

#44 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:39 PM

Looks much better now. Please, continue. :)

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#45 Connector1o1

Connector1o1

Basic Engineer

• 1236 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:54 PM

This is what I am talking about! Great job! :D What are you going to do next?

Signature not available 

#46 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:20 PM

The shape is looking much nicer now. Whats next?

#47 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:30 PM

Good thinking with the flexi-rod. That's probably the best way to spine such a tight radius. The shape looks tons better.

#48 Kevkillerke

Kevkillerke

Mr. circus

• 1658 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:34 PM

Looks much better now. Please, continue. :)

Thanks, I will.

This is what I am talking about! Great job! :D What are you going to do next?

Thanks! Sort of corckscrew

The shape is looking much nicer now. Whats next?

Thanks.

Good thinking with the flexi-rod. That's probably the best way to spine such a tight radius. The shape looks tons better.

Yeah, that flexi :P But I wanted to have an orange spine looping.

Finally I can continue on the next element.
It will be a corkscrew into a hill over the station.

Not much to say, here are some pictures:

Note that it is not fully supported!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is not the final spine, I will change it to 2 or 4 rod spine.

Posted Image
Eruption
Posted Image

#49 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:03 PM

Looks perfect, and the hill should be sweet. :)

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#50 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:04 PM

That's damn near perfect. I like the way the entrances and exits don't align with each other.

Posted Image

#51 crazyracer

crazyracer

Architect

• 550 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:29 PM

Wow very creative, for it being a invert coaster. I think it turned out good though really like it.

K`nex always for life ;)

#52 ZachCreate

ZachCreate

i am very exciting...

• 343 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:44 PM

This looks great! I think you should do the hill over the lift like this --> (http://www.themepark...f0226/kbf15.jpg). Keep on rollin'. :D

Edit: When I ride Silver Bullet, that hill gives off serious airtime and adrenaline before the cobra roll.

Edited by ZachCreate, 16 April 2014 - 07:53 PM.

1. Maverick 2. Millennium Force 3.Top Thrill Dragster 4. Bizarro (Six Flags New England) 5. The Beast 6. X2 7. Full Throttle 8. Banshee 9. Xcelerator 10. Medusa (Six Flags Discovery Kingdom)

Posted Image

#53 Cobra Roller

Cobra Roller

I have all six Infinity Stones

• 728 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:36 AM

That looks pretty sweet! I like how the track color is the same as the rods in the base. For the shaping of the loop, I really think you should add a stronger spine to reduce shaking. Take a look at Bane (my VV invert). I had to reinforce the pullout and pullin of the loop, as that is the weakest part of the loop for VV inverts. Maybe the best thing to do is to add supports in those areas. The corkscrew looks nice. You may continue :)

#54 Killerbunny

Killerbunny

Fear the bunny!

• 554 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:02 PM

The corkscrew looks nice, it's almost like a batwing. I think it might look better if you stretched it out into more of a flat spin, but it looks fine how it is now.

Posted Image

Thanks Spitfire!

Coaster Count: 73

1. Millenium Force 2. Montu 3. Top Thrill Dragster 4. Raging Bull 5. Maverick

#55 alpal

alpal

Lead Engineer

• 1215 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:15 PM

Great to have you back to the forums, Kevkillerke! I like your coaster, though on the corkscrew I would stretch it out more, keeping the same height. Sort of like the massive top-spin on Gatekeeper. Keep up the coaster and the cool camera pics!

Automation is my specialty

If only I had more space/pieces/time.

#56 Kevkillerke

Kevkillerke

Mr. circus

• 1658 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:26 AM

Looks perfect, and the hill should be sweet. :)

Thanks!

That's damn near perfect. I like the way the entrances and exits don't align with each other.

Thanks a lot, I was hoping you guys would like it.

Wow very creative, for it being a invert coaster. I think it turned out good though really like it.

Thanks!

This looks great! I think you should do the hill over the lift like this --> (http://www.themepark...f0226/kbf15.jpg). Keep on rollin'. :D

Edit: When I ride Silver Bullet, that hill gives off serious airtime and adrenaline before the cobra roll.

I was thinking about turning the last part of the hill, but not yet at the top (impossible with my track)

That looks pretty sweet! I like how the track color is the same as the rods in the base. For the shaping of the loop, I really think you should add a stronger spine to reduce shaking. Take a look at Bane (my VV invert). I had to reinforce the pullout and pullin of the loop, as that is the weakest part of the loop for VV inverts. Maybe the best thing to do is to add supports in those areas. The corkscrew looks nice. You may continue :)

I will support them more, but I couldn't take a spine with orange rods because my radius wat way to tight.

The corkscrew looks nice, it's almost like a batwing. I think it might look better if you stretched it out into more of a flat spin, but it looks fine how it is now.

Hmm, I might consider stretching it a bit, but not too far.

Great to have you back to the forums, Kevkillerke! I like your coaster, though on the corkscrew I would stretch it out more, keeping the same height. Sort of like the massive top-spin on Gatekeeper. Keep up the coaster and the cool camera pics!

Thanks! I'll see what I can do ;)

Update!

So, I changed the spine of the corkscrew, but now I don't like it anymore :P
I will rebuild the corkscrew and maybe stretching it a bit further. But I want it to cross the station, so it won't be that much.
I built the pull in of the hill and I like it a lot :D

Pictures:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And a testvideo:
Posted Image

So, after I changed that corkscrew, I think it will turn out very nice.

Posted Image
Eruption
Posted Image

#57 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:33 AM

Everything is great! The speed, supporting, and shaping are all incredible.
What element comes next?

Posted Image

#58 Cobra Roller

Cobra Roller

I have all six Infinity Stones

• 728 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:41 AM

The speed looks great. It kinda reminds me of a coaster dynamix model.

#59 < NCcoaster >

< NCcoaster >

panaino

• 677 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:41 PM

^It does run a lot coaster Dynamix Coaster. This looks really good so far and I think inverted cars run faster than normal vv cars, especially if you added weight. But the train isn't long enough for that. I will make a vv invert this winter because I have 10 of the cars and I have to use them. Anyway, looking forward to see whats next!

#60 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 02:41 PM

If you change the corkscrew back to what you had before, I think it would look much better! The air hill is great!

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: inverted, micro