inverted

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 venomeater

venomeater

building...

• 139 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 03:32 PM

Hey everybody!  Seems like forever since I posted something on here.  Been going through a tough time with school and everything else that I didn't quite have a lot of time to build anything.  But I'm finally getting back into it and I have decided to try and build something different than usual.  I've decided to build a custom inverted coaster!  This is my first time trying something like this so it has been very tricky so far but I am trying my best.  I don't plan for this to be a massive coaster (cus I have other plans coming this summer...) but I hope for this to be a nice decent size coaster.  Here is what I've got done so far! (p.s. Check out my fan of the month story on knex.com.  I am stoked to be up there!)  

Any advice or comments of my coaster so far would be awesome too!

DSC_0465_zpsgurmr0hs.jpg

DSC_0463_zps3ccka9vu.jpg

DSC_04731_zps0tiv9h3v.jpg

DSC_0471_zpssmdvckmu.jpg

DSC_0469_zpsxzlsgikr.jpg

DSC_0475_zpsvdkv6rhz.jpg

DSC_0473_zps40v0itjf.jpg

DSC_04711_zpsltrbi9oc.jpg

#2 dylpickled

dylpickled

Construction Foreman

• 215 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 04:51 PM

Nice shaping as always! I've been waiting awhile for this to come up :D.

How do I upload a picture here omgg.

#3 WSWAoasters

WSWAoasters

• 198 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 05:39 PM

This looks fantastic! I can't believe how awesome this looks! I cant wait to see where this goes! (thumbsup)

#4 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 05:46 PM

Wow. This is insanely compact but it does look very thoroughly constructed. Didn't expect to see this sort of thing from you at all but I can't say I disapprove. :D Seems like inverted coasters are coming back just now as well.

Edited by CW5X, 23 May 2016 - 05:47 PM.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#5 frank

frank

Construction Foreman

• 246 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 06:21 PM

This looks so good
Much WOW !
:o   :D

Sneaky sneaky I see a control panel on pic's 3, 6 and 8.  ^_^ XD

Edited by frank, 23 May 2016 - 06:26 PM.

#6 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 09:48 PM

I did not expect this from you at all! This has got a lovely color scheme and great shaping so far. What's up with those radii on the half-loops?

#7 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 09:28 PM

Damn, that's one sexy cobra roll.

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#8 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 12:20 PM

Wow, a very beautiful set of elements here. The tube colors are so wacky but appear to be well put together and do so much for the ride. Can't wait!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pigs are better when green.

#9 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 05:46 PM

Looks awesome dude, where's the lift hill though so we know it will make it?

#10 rgarner42

rgarner42

Construction Foreman

• 203 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 01:57 PM

I like this, and I love the colour scheme. Interested to see how you start the layout. :)

#11 venomeater

venomeater

building...

• 139 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 02:13 PM

Nice shaping as always! I've been waiting awhile for this to come up :D.

Thanks dude!

This looks fantastic! I can't believe how awesome this looks! I cant wait to see where this goes! (thumbsup)

Thanks! and well now you can!

Wow. This is insanely compact but it does look very thoroughly constructed. Didn't expect to see this sort of thing from you at all but I can't say I disapprove. :D Seems like inverted coasters are coming back just now as well.

I didn't expect to see this out of me either lol and thanks!

I did not expect this from you at all! This has got a lovely color scheme and great shaping so far. What's up with those radii on the half-loops?

Thanks! and those were just there to help me shape it.

Damn, that's one sexy cobra roll.

Thanks!!

Wow, a very beautiful set of elements here. The tube colors are so wacky but appear to be well put together and do so much for the ride. Can't wait!!

Thanks!  Also sorry for the long wait haha

Looks awesome dude, where's the lift hill though so we know it will make it?

Thanks! and its added in now.  Practically finished.

Well it has been a longggg time since i posted an update for this coaster.  The main reason why was because I lost interest in this coaster.  I had no desire or will to go on and finish it.  So construction was very slow.  I was still building it but just never felt like posting updates for it.  The main reason for that was because I didn't really like the way it looked.  I had started building another coaster too as well and I pretty much pushed this coaster aside.  I don't like to quit on coasters so I decided to go ahead and finish this one anyways.  I cut the layout I had in mind shorter and ended up with this.  It isn't 100% complete yet but it is pretty close now to being completed.  I decided to post the end result of this coaster anyways to you guys so you can see what it looks like.  I kind of went a little lazy on it but I still feel it came out pretty decent.  I'll hope to have this completed very soon along with a final video.  I'm sorry for disappearing on this one.  After this one I will be tackling Thunderhead so stay tuned for that!  Here are some pics!

IMG_20160907_144423_zpsvwacg6eg.jpg

IMG_20160907_142919_zpsfq2jtdvk.jpg

IMG_20160907_142905_zpsj7wp6rni.jpg

IMG_20160907_142844_zpsnezraaom.jpg

IMG_20160907_125735_zps4gpegbox.jpg

IMG_20160907_142751_zpsoca9qzkm.jpg

IMG_20160907_144457_zpsk1fpo2ue.jpg

#12 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 02:31 PM

Those bins hold pure happiness. I wish we had a system of someone starting a coaster and then someone being able to finish it. The pace of coasters getting finished would be faster and everyone would enjoy finishing someone else's work. Anyone know what I mean?

I think the layout looks great and I love the colors surrounding it. It definitely gives a great appeal. I can't wait to see a video of this!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pigs are better when green.

#13 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:25 PM

Yay an update! I was looking at this coaster a month ago and wondering what happened to it lol. Can we see a test video of the ride too? It look awesome so far, just add some nice details and a catwalk for the lift hill. Are you trains weighted btw?

#14 WSWAoasters

WSWAoasters

• 198 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 07:26 PM

I can't tell you how often I lose interest in my coasters. I often times wish I could build part of a coaster and then start a new one that I'm far more excited about. However, I feel like it's better to finish them anyways. This looks so great, I'm so glad you finished this one! Wonderful job, good sir, wonderful job!

#15 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 04:01 AM

Found you on Instagram a few weeks ago and was wondering when this would be finished. Really love the style of this build and it's a shame you lost interest in it. Still looks fantastic either way!

#16 rgarner42

rgarner42

Construction Foreman

• 203 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 02:07 PM

I was wondering what had happened to this. It looks great, my only concern looking at the heights of the elements would be the pacing. I really love the colour scheme. 

I'm looking forward to see how you tackle Thunderhead. The layout is fantastic and will be a challenge on its own but the coaster's use of terrain will complicate things even more. I hope you can give the impression of terrain changes in your recreation. 

#17 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 06:16 AM

This thing is a beast. That's all the words that come to mind.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: inverted