The Longest Thread

• Please log in to reply
45735 replies to this topic

#44541 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 06:29 AM

You can build as many entries as you want.

#44542 -=TK=-

-=TK=-

Building maniacs

• 2753 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:32 AM

Whew it's been a while! I (Tom) am still checking out the construction department every now and then. I must admit that I do miss the good old times over here, when I was still active ;) How's everybody doing?

Posted Image

#44543 sean9782

sean9782

Construction Foreman

• 124 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:24 AM

^While I'm definitely not from the old days, I'm doing pretty well. :)

Is everyone as excited as I am for Rick and Morty Season 3?

4 Windseekers and counting...

#44544 rgarner42

rgarner42

Construction Foreman

• 203 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:22 PM

Is everyone as excited as I am for Rick and Morty Season 3?

Oh yes! xD probably more excited than for Game of Thrones. 

#44545 TEDDSTER

TEDDSTER

Polar Bear

• 267 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:50 PM

I just posted a quick pic, and it double posted for some reason, sorry.

I can't believe I got an SS set and a Pinball set for under $20. I now have to get ready for work, I'll be on later! And I need to post my construction thread for my free fly coaster once I get good pictures! See ya!

39797.png

#44546 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 03:22 PM

What is even considered the "good old times" here? I suppose that depends on who you ask. For me, it was 2013 to 2015. Others might say it's 2005 or 2003. 

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44547 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 05:03 PM

Flying down to Atlanta tonight, so I'm looking forward to that.

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#44548 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 05:24 PM

Whew it's been a while! I (Tom) am still checking out the construction department every now and then. I must admit that I do miss the good old times over here, when I was still active ;) How's everybody doing?

I still remember seeing your Formula Rossa recreation and being amazed by it... Do you guys plan on making any more coasters?

39751.png

Sad that I no longer have 69 internets

Current Project: Un-named Eurofighter

#44549 -=TK=-

-=TK=-

Building maniacs

• 2753 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 02:22 AM

I still remember seeing your Formula Rossa recreation and being amazed by it... Do you guys plan on making any more coasters?

Probably not. We're both very busy with university at the moment and I'm also working in the weekends, so not a lot of spare time unfortunately :( Cool to hear so, although I must admit that when I look back at Formula Rossa, I'm also kind of amazed haha!

-=Tk=-

Posted Image

#44550 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 02:19 PM

Photobucket, what have you done? Apparently we can't have PB images on 3rd party sites, like SSC, unless we update to a special account. No doubt an account you'll have to pay for. Now I have to use the SSC gallery -_- which I really don't like using as much, with all of the picture flipping and plus I am 4+ years used to PB now. I don't know what their deal is. Why the hell do they care where we post the images, and why the hell are they just now worrying about it? To see what I'm talking about, go to any thread with photobucket pictures on it. http://www.sscoaster...enge-2014-2017/ This is a good example. 

"Please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting"... maybe they're worried about their finances. There are way too many ads on the page. 

As a side note, internet ads don't make sense to me. So it is to my understanding that having ads on a page gives the site some money... that in itself makes sense, still kind of strange IMHO, but hey, whatever. Ads on the very top and bottom of a website are okay. I don't mind them. What I do mind is full page ads or ads that expand, and my personal favorite, video ads you can't get away from. That's where it becomes stupid. From my perspective, I'm just trying to navigate through the site and I have to fight off an army of ads like some f'ing medieval battle. 

So let me get to the point on why I think it's stupid: I don't think there's any person ever who gets flooded with ads and their reaction is "Wow! What a great product! Please tell me more while I am unable to use the actual site!" Without sarcasm. 

Edit: v and vv Yeah, fair enough, makes sense and all, as silly as I find it. 

Edited by SCM, 30 June 2017 - 03:47 PM.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44551 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 02:38 PM

Unfortunately it is about the only way to support websites. People don't like paying for content, so you get ads.

#44552 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 03:07 PM

I'd rather have a few non-invasive ads than have to pay for every website. As long as they don't flood your screen it's a small price to pay.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#44553 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 08:24 PM

So I ordered some extra pieces from the K'nex website recently since I had run out of a few pieces while building the station for my eurofighter, was running low in general on a few different pieces, and noticed that I would probably run low on certain other pieces while building my next coaster. I just got them today but I noticed they forgot my green rods and half moon connectors... Has anyone else ordered extra pieces from the website and knows if I can call them or something to get the pieces they forgot? I really need them for my station...

39751.png

#44554 YolosweggLord

YolosweggLord

Construction Foreman

• 138 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 09:20 PM

Has anyone else ordered extra pieces from the website and knows if I can call them or something to get the pieces they forgot? I really need them for my station...

I haven't, but I will soon... after hearing this, I'm definitely going to screenshot my order and count all the pieces once they get here. I'd recommend either try calling them or see if you can get customer service online.

#44555 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 11:32 AM

I haven't, but I will soon... after hearing this, I'm definitely going to screenshot my order and count all the pieces once they get here. I'd recommend either try calling them or see if you can get customer service online.

You get a paper with the list of the pieces you're supposed to get, and they email you the pieces as well. Things like this have happened to me before (they even gave me about 125 of those micro Y connectors instead of about 25 and 50 and 50 of some other pieces one time, but I ended up needing a lot of those anyways!) but buying the sets wouldn't give me the pieces I need since they usually don't have many of the pieces that I need. I'll try calling them first and if that doesn't work I'll email them. 

39751.png

#44556 TEDDSTER

TEDDSTER

Polar Bear

• 267 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 12:18 AM

So I ordered some extra pieces from the K'nex website recently since I had run out of a few pieces while building the station for my eurofighter, was running low in general on a few different pieces, and noticed that I would probably run low on certain other pieces while building my next coaster. I just got them today but I noticed they forgot my green rods and half moon connectors... Has anyone else ordered extra pieces from the website and knows if I can call them or something to get the pieces they forgot? I really need them for my station...

I have and they messed up my order. I called them up and I was able to keep the 400+ pieces they accidentally sent me and they sent me all the correct pieces for free. Excellent customer service if I do say so myself.

39797.png

#44557 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 09:38 AM

Wow, that is excellent customer service. --- Wow, last night was awful at work. It was going so well from when I got there all the way until around 9. Smooth sailing, not too many but not too few customers, as I like it. Meanwhile, there was a call ahead party of 15 to come in between 9:30 and 10:00 PM. They never seemed to arrive, but I'm sure they did a few minutes before closing. Nearing the end of 9:00PM, there was a walk in party of 16. *facepalm* I always hate it when large parties come in so late... I mean just come in at a decent time. -_- I wish we could put a sign at the door that says "Parties of 7 and up will be asked to politely f*** off until tomorrow. We are not sorry for your inconvenience." I tell you guys, I am always so paranoid that some large party is going to walk in 10 minutes before closing... again, the little rule I mentioned earlier would be nice, but I doubt it wouldn't come true, no matter how politely it would be said... I mean, the company itself is getting their money. "Everyone else be damned" - Killer Frost. 

Now for a little public announcement thing regarding restaurants: 

Guys and gals, please 1) tip your servers decently 2) don't come in minutes before closing, especially if you're a large party 3) sit where the host(ess) tells you, and 4) don't sit around for a long ass time after you've already paid and eaten. Please and thank you. :) 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44558 sean9782

sean9782

Construction Foreman

• 124 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 03:05 PM

^+1 To everything you said. Working at Subway, it is the worst feeling when you see people walking in 10 minutes before closing.

4 Windseekers and counting...

#44559 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 06:50 AM

When you work for tips, don't you want customers to come in so you make money SCM?

#44560 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 11:17 AM

^That is a good point, but it's mainly the time that is the problem. Customers can come in all they want during a decent time, I don't care. Still, we all want to go home. Last night I closed at 10PM, but I didn't get out until a little after 12AM due to sidework. How to explain this... it's rather rude to come in minutes before closing, especially if it's a large party. From a customer's perspective, they're just getting some dinner or dessert, they sit here and they are taken care of, no rush, and they'll be on their way after about an hour and they may or may not tip. 

A typical work day for me is busing and seating tables along with a few other things. Busing is a constant job, carrying stacks of glass plates, cups, napkins, condiments, etc. I can't sit down when I wipe tables, and my arms aren't long enough to reach the end, so I have to stand in an uncomfortable zig-zag. It's tedious and quite exhausting. It's constantly moving, no time to take a minute. By the end of the night, workers just want to go home, and I am no exception. Long story short, people coming in late and holding everyone up for hours after closing plus the hours and hours of sidework is just not worth it. 

I'm a really sweet and helpful person I've been told, and I try to be for as long as I can, but I still have limits. Late parties are my limit, and last night was terrible because it was 5 minutes to closing and we were still on a half hour wait. They just keep coming in until the doors are locked. I thank the people who change their mind and leave - not aloud, but yeah. No matter how deeply I may try to explain it, I can't give it the proper terror... I can literally feel my ability to be nice to others being slowly consumed, like a dementor performing a kiss of death. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master