95 replies to this topic

#81 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 09:51 AM

They actually are fun in the back.

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta
Coaster Count: 77

#82 griffon14

griffon14

Drum line captain

• 1517 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 10:10 AM

On the kiddie coaster at Busch gardens you get so much air-time in the back seat.

Grover's Alpine Express (Busch Gardens Europe)

Kiddie coasters FTW.

Future member of the UNCC Drumline

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Intimidator 305
Milf - Maverick - TTD - Dimondback - Griffon - Intimidator - Alpengist - Dominator - Thunderhead

#83 DeAzncy

DeAzncy

Lead Engineer

• 1389 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 12:41 PM

Dam steel you're lucky you live so close. i live about 45 mins to an hour away from SFMM :(

i miss all the great coasters there. im lucky to go even twice a year...

i think they're building more kiddy rides cause six flags doesnt really appeal to the younger age groups. even when my aunt and my cousins (one is 5 and the other is 9) get together to decide on where to go, they'd all prefer disneyland over 6flags no matter how hard i try to convince them how fun it is :( But it's true.. 6flags doesnt have many kiddy rides at all; looney toon town? they only have like 3 kiddy rides there...

Posted Image

^Thnx CC10^

#84 SFMMCrazy

SFMMCrazy

#Thrillsforallages

• 794 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 01:05 AM

VERY HAPPY BUMPY!!!!!!!
SFMM is proud to announce Mr Six's Dance coaster. Six Flags Magic Mountain: Mr. Six's DanceCoaster

Thrill Capital Insider

Where Thrills Rule

#85 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 01:13 AM

Although I would have liked a more impressive coaster, I'm glad that Mark Shapiro is trying to give the park a better, more family-oriented atmosphere.

#86 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 03:34 AM

^^I have no clue how you can be "very happy" with a relocated Vekoma kiddie...

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#87 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 03:46 AM

The whole biggest, tallest, longest roller coaster thing is killing the theme park industry. It's all about attracting whole families. It's cool there's a I305 being built, but c'mon, people shouldn't be negative about this new coaster. If you just keep expecting big rides, these parks will never become family-orientated.

SSCoasters Administrator
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#88 SnooSnoo

SnooSnoo

BANNED

• 139 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 01:39 PM

Nah.. I just think they could do much better then adding a kiddie.. like a flat ride.. or 20.

Posted Image

#89 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 05:04 AM

Well, obviously they wanted to up their coaster count. I believe they will add flat rides in the future, that's not something they should do right now.

SSCoasters Administrator
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#90 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 07:41 AM

Yea, to bad statistics has taken presence over atmosphere. Iron horse would be crap if it didn't have the station, music, and fireball that it does.

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta
Coaster Count: 77

#91 Coaster105

Coaster105

Lead Engineer

• 1035 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 02:33 PM

The whole biggest, tallest, longest roller coaster thing is killing the theme park industry. It's all about attracting whole families. It's cool there's a I305 being built, but c'mon, people shouldn't be negative about this new coaster. If you just keep expecting big rides, these parks will never become family-orientated.

This doesn't really make it family orientated.
Sfmm's website says that this ride will have a 42 inch height requirement. I agree that this park needs a family coaster, but now this will be a family coaster that can't even be ridden by families? Stupid move, and waist of money, if there gonna keep the restriction.

There are dozens of roller skaters out there that have lower height requirements.

-Coaster105

Youtube Channel

#92 SnooSnoo

SnooSnoo

BANNED

• 139 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 07:40 PM

Well, obviously they wanted to up their coaster count. I believe they will add flat rides in the future, that's not something they should do right now.

Why the hell not? They have absolutely NO flats of any substance in that park. Anywhere. I can get a better flat experience at a park 1/4 the size.

Simply put, they didn't need the kiddie, they needed a flat ride with some good thrill and capacity. All they want is a stupid record which no one but their retarded management cares about.

Posted Image

#93 decaxxeca

decaxxeca

just call me Ten

• 974 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 07:44 PM

All they want is a stupid record which no one but their retarded management cares about.

and idiots who listen to travel shows and brochures.

Posted Image

#94 SFMMCrazy

SFMMCrazy

#Thrillsforallages

• 794 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 11:24 PM

BUMP!!!!!!!Here ye Here Ye!Mr. Six Dancecoaster has been postponed til 2011.

Thrill Capital Insider

Where Thrills Rule

#95 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 01:04 AM

Really? Do they have anything else planned instead?

Also, there's a new SFMM fansite that's pretty basic ATM but is quickly getting bigger and better:
Planet SIX-The Ultimate Six Flags Magic Mountain Fansite!

#96 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 01:43 PM

^^Ok, how hard is it to post a source?

SSCoasters Staff

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ???, six flags