??? six flags

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#41 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 10:19 PM

Oh so your going to keep going? Good, I need something to occupy my mind right now after the Celtics game.

Hmm... well no its not an opinion. Check Amusement Today bud, it is the Best Amusement Park in the World. Sure you could say thats based on opinions and if you want to say that, than majority rules. SFMM wasn't even up there dude.

And your second arguement is hard to read, so get some commas and periods in there next time. If what your saying is what I'm thinking, than sure you could be right. But we're not seeing a park that is "bigger and badder" than Cedar Point right now. So again, drawing your arguements from some unknown source is pretty smart. Nat.

Go ahead, keep it coming man...

Check out my blog: Life Is A Roller Coaster

(Coaster count: 504)

Blitzen Cyber Chase Prowler Tuscarora Ra: God of Sun Jersey Thunder Phoenix La Bestia Ripsaw

#42 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 12:16 AM

Hmm... well no its not an opinion. Check Amusement Today bud, it is the Best Amusement Park in the World. Sure you could say thats based on opinions and if you want to say that, than majority rules. SFMM wasn't even up there dude.

Exactly. How do you think Obama became president, or Roosevelt, or Lincoln? None of the candidates are "better" than the other, it's all a matter of the USA's opinion, which is how they get elected. Maybe if SFMM gets a blitzcoaster, a Giga, and some better atmosphere/food/overall quality, then they can rank up there with CP. Right now, they don't, so they aren't.

#43 decaxxeca

decaxxeca

just call me Ten

• 974 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 12:42 AM

^and ^^ in my opinion the overall quality of SFMM is better then Knotts which is owned by CP. I'm not saying SFMM is better then CP but in my opinion there both wonderful parks.

Posted Image

#44 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 09:57 AM

Why are you brining Knott's Berry Farm into the picture now? Are you telling me that since you liked Magic Mountain more than Knotts Berry Farm which is owned by Cedar Fair, that you like Magic Mountain more than Cedar Point?

Jesus Christ...

If thats how you want to compare things than I like Cedar Point more than Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom, therefore Cedar Point is better than Magic Mountain.

Blitzen Cyber Chase Prowler Tuscarora Ra: God of Sun Jersey Thunder Phoenix La Bestia Ripsaw

#45 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 01:34 PM

Acexxaced: Might I mention that with the economy and steel prices rising, the bigger and badder age of coasters is over? I don't think we'll see a coaster taller than Kingda Ka for quite some time. Cedar Point will not go above the 500 foot mark, especially while Kinzel is in control b/c he said that TTD was the worst choice of his career. Six Flags already has the advantage and for the reasons above won't waste money to out-do themselves. And pretty much no other chain would be unsensible enough to do it.

I've been to both, and CP kicks ass in both overall atmosphere and coasters.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#46 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 01:49 PM

Dubai will beat Kingda Ka.

SSCoasters Administrator
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#47 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 03:33 PM

Screamscape says that it might not happen. But yeah, I actually forgot about that.

SSCoasters Staff

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

#48 coastergeekrtc

coastergeekrtc

A God Among Users

• 2653 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 04:09 PM

Both parks suck. Any park that builds on the ideology that bigger is better and crams as many record breaking coasters into their park as they can to get people through the gates is quite simply a crappy park. If they have to rely on building a new coaster every year or so, especially a record breaker, then what does that say about the park? That they have nothing else to offer. CP has no atmosphere. SFMM has no atmosphere. When they run out of room or money they will be forgotten.

Why don't you fanboys pull the sticks out of your ass, open your eyes, and realize that both parks are lame.

*Insert signature here*

#49 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 05:15 PM

Hahaha. I'm sorry but what a horrible view man. I enjoy your input but Jesus that just sucked.

Cedar Point has no atmosphere? It isn't clean? It's not on a peninsula? It doesn't have awesome hotels?

Cedar Point is lame. Ok so coaster enthusiasts now shouldn't care about the rides at the park but the park itself? What are park managers there to do, sit there and make their park better and not worry about money? No. They are there to gain a profit for their park and themselves. The obvious decision to gaining profit is by offering new attractions. Cedar Point has not always gone for records. In fact, Maverick didn't break one at all. It only featured the first horse shoe roll.

#50 coastergeekrtc

coastergeekrtc

A God Among Users

• 2653 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 07:03 PM

No, I'm the one that's sorry. You are the one that seems to be stuck on the idea that Cedar Point is amazing. You can't step back and realize, hmm, maybe it's not that great of a park. But I wouldn't expect someone that goes to parks just for coasters to understand.

There's more to a park than coasters. I personally enjoy Disney much more than I could Cedar Point or SFMM. I used to have your view but then I grew up and looked at parks differently...I'm not so single-minded anymore. But it's okay, to each his own.

*Insert signature here*

#51 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 07:45 PM

Wow...mature maybe one far away day I will understand.

I go to parks because I am a roller coaster enthusiast. Enough said.

#52 coastergeekrtc

coastergeekrtc

A God Among Users

• 2653 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 08:46 PM

And I go to parks because I'm an Amusement Park enthusiast. But hey we can't all grow up...

*Insert signature here*

#53 Loop De Loop

Loop De Loop

Entry Engineer

• 849 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 09:03 PM

Wow either way this sounds like it is going to be good what ever the hell it is going to be!

Posted Image

^^^^Thanks Airdog^^^^

TOP TEN
Top Thrill Dragster
Incredibul Hulk
Mellenium force
Maverick
Mantis
Maginum XL200
Flight Deck
Wicked Twister
Raptor
Beast

#54 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 09:18 PM

Maybe next time I might let out a chuckle if it resembled a funny joke in any manner. But it didn't so try harder with it next time.

Its settled anyway, I am a Coaster Enthusiast and you are a Amusement Park Enthusiast. I will agree to disagree but if you want to keep talking out of your ass then go for it.

#55 Cardsandcoasters

Cardsandcoasters

Frission Is Here

• 1537 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 09:41 PM

Cedar Point is an overall better park, has better rides, and a better atmosphere. It's been rated worlds best park, 10 years in a row, and that's not decided by just looking at the roller coasters.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks Rollerdude!

#56 msoccerkidm

msoccerkidm

Engibeer

• 699 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 12:37 AM

in the beggining of the thread you guys said that they were building a kiddie coaster. well there not there building a woodie to make up for physclone(you guys probably know this) but while they are building deja vu is closed! yes! i went there last week, and they are closing deja vu till 2010(i think). i have never been to cedar point, but im sure it puts up a pretty close fight with magic mountain.

Posted Image
thanx CC10

#57 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 12:50 AM

^This thread was started for the 2010 coaster, not next year's Terminator Salvation: the Ride.

SSCoasters Staff

#58 decaxxeca

decaxxeca

just call me Ten

• 974 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:50 PM

*SUPER EPIC BUMP* i was reading up about this coaster it's an Intamin still unknown as to what type it will be. Also SFMMHH is rumored to get a Tony Hawk Big Spin i've read on numerous sites that that is what it will be

• Jplaz likes this

Posted Image

#59 Rollerboaster

Rollerboaster

Anti-anti conformist

• 1010 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:33 PM

Man, Tony Hawks Big Spin sucks bad, it pulls some impressive g's but it feels nasty It might just be me.

-RB

Posted Image

inclusive shipping

#60 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 09:59 AM

^^Where are you getting all this?

SSCoasters Staff

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ???, six flags