??? six flags

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#21 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:21 PM

And almost every ride they have has broken or still holds some kind of record (X2, Superman:TE, Tatsu, Riddler's, Revolution, Goliath).

Um, let's see... Coasters at CP that have broken a record:

Magnum XL-200
Millennium Force
Wicked Twister
Top Thrill Dragster
Maverick

Oh, and what record does Riddler's Revenge have? Revolution? Goliath? Enlighten me.

#22 coastermaniac

coastermaniac

Lead Engineer

• 1862 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:57 PM

^I think revolution was the first coaster to have a loop and Goliath might be the tallest back then when it was opened. I don't know Riddlers though.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1|Tatsu 2|KK 3|Montu 4|Medusa 5|Kumba 6|Nitro 7|Goliath 8|Goliath 9|DD:F 10|Excalibur

#23 decaxxeca

decaxxeca

just call me Ten

• 974 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 11:47 PM

riddlers is the tallest stand up and superman held the record for tallest until ttd was made x2 was the tallest 4d until that one in japan was made(clone)

Posted Image

#24 MP thrill rides

MP thrill rides

Lead Engineer

• 1973 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 12:33 AM

Six Flags MM is open all year long???

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#25 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 09:13 AM

^ Yes.
Goliath was the tallest and fastest coaster in the world when it opened.
X2 was the first 4d coaster, and the tallest and fastest (obviously).
Revolution was the first operating coaster to have a vertical loop in the world.
Riddler's is the tallest and fastest standup coaster in the world.
Superman:TE was the fastest coaster in the world (tied with TOT, Dreamworld) until TTD was built.

Not that breaking records has to do with anything, Im just saying that it's not a bunch of kiddie rides.

And where are you getting your ratings from? I looked up 'top 10 coasters' and CP only had one while SFMM had 2. So it's really just a matter of opinion.

It's like 2 people arguing. One has always lived in Antarctica, and the other has always lived in the Sahara Desert. They are arguing over which is worse.

#26 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 09:29 AM

^Technically, you're the one who started this argument, because you've never been to Cedar Point and you're saying SFMM is better. I've never been to SFMM, but I haven't made any "opinions" to say it's bad. Other people who HAVE been to both say CP is better, so majority rules.

Originally MF was #2, Magum was #3, and TTD was #10. Raptor used to be #14, ao that's 4 in the top 15.

#27 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

• 7526 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 09:40 AM

^ You're right, Im sorry. I have never been to CP in my life, and I have only seen it from pictures. I don't know, but if I went there, it would probably tie with SFMM for my favorite park because you all say it's amazing. NO MORE ARGUMENTS STARTING FROM ME!!! I PROMISE!

#28 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 10:09 AM

Oh jeez... getting into record breakers was a bad mistake. Cedar Point rides can counter every single one of SFMM's.

Goliath was the tallest and fastest roller coaster in the world when it opened? Hmm... I guess Superman was built more recently than I thought. Sarcasm, by the way.
Gemini was the tallest and fastest roller coaster when it opened.

X2 was the first 4D coaster.
Millennium Force was the first Giga Coaster.
Magnum was the first Hyper Coaster.
Mantis had the tallest loop when it opened.
Wicked Twister was and is the tallest, fastest impulse in the World.
Disaster Transport is the fastest Bobsled coaster in the World.

Need I go on? I know thats irrelevant but don't bring in arguements like that when dealing with the Best Theme Park in the World.

Revolution has the first loop.
Maverick has the first horse shoe roll.

Check out my blog: Life Is A Roller Coaster

(Coaster count: 504)

Blitzen Cyber Chase Prowler Tuscarora Ra: God of Sun Jersey Thunder Phoenix La Bestia Ripsaw

#29 coastergeekrtc

coastergeekrtc

A God Among Users

• 2653 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 11:33 AM

Firsts and records don't make a park better. Yes, it advertises and gets people to their park, but arguing over who has the most records to find a "winner" won't work. There is more to a park than that.

*Insert signature here*

#30 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 04:29 PM

Never said it was, just putting down his arguement that SFMM has a ton of record holders.

Blitzen Cyber Chase Prowler Tuscarora Ra: God of Sun Jersey Thunder Phoenix La Bestia Ripsaw

#31 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

• 7526 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 05:18 PM

^

Not that breaking records has to do with anything, Im just saying that it's not a bunch of kiddie rides.

CP has some amazing rides. So does SFMM. It's impossible to say one is better than the other because it's a matter of opinion, so let's just drop this whole argument altogether.

#32 Maverix

Maverix

Aieght

• 2281 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 06:06 PM

^You looked at a different site. (ratings) Here's the official top ten coasters for 2008 As you can see, CP has 3 top ten and SFMM has 0. And that's biased on votes, not opinions.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 10 Coasters:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Maverick 3. Storm Runner 4. Millennium Force 5. Gatekeeper
6. Diamondback 7. Manta 8. Wild Eagle 9. Thunderhead 10. Apollos Chariot

#33 Jplaz

Jplaz

Metaphysical Prophet

• 2776 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 06:21 PM

Guyz you guyz gosh you forget SFGAVD ;;;:((((((

Posted Image

#34 G Force

G Force

Yea Man

• 1098 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 06:27 PM

^^Also on the website that Maverix posted It showes a list of the Best Parks CP is 1st but SFMM is not on the list.

#35 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

• 7526 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 06:34 PM

^ Yes, and Disneyland is number 4. So obviously that isn't based on coaster quality.

Okay, you guys win, CP has 'better' coasters than SFMM. Good for you, because that's all that matters in this whole universe.
I still think, PERSONALLY, that SFMM is better. I know CP has higher-ranking rides, so good for you.

End of discussion.

#36 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 07:05 PM

Ha I like how you think you have the power to end something. Like your a CC10 or RCT or something.

As long as you know that CP is better than its cool. I dont care what you feel, just as long as you know that Cedar Point is the Best Amusement Park in the World.

#37 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

• 7526 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 07:10 PM

^ Sorry, I just wanted to show that I agreed with you guys. I really don't want to become a lazor22 who starts a ton of arguments, I wasjust trying to justify my posistion, which obviously is not unanimous.
If anyone wants to continue this argument, leave me out. Im not a mod, and I cant make you guys do anything. But I can stay out of this argument all I want, so that's what Ill do.

End of me participating in this discussion.

#38 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 07:28 PM

^Well said. At least you know not to keep going. I appreciate a good arguement every here and there though.

Besides Cedar Point being #1, hopefully Six Flags Magic Mountain can pull through with a solid family coaster. You never know what could fall under the category of "family coaster". It could be a Howler at Holiday World or it could be a Jaguar! at Knott's Berry Farm.

#39 MP thrill rides

MP thrill rides

Lead Engineer

• 1973 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 07:40 PM

That whole thing was funny. I have never been to Cedar point before but I might go next year.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#40 decaxxeca

decaxxeca

just call me Ten

• 974 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 09:58 PM

1. "As long as you know that CP is better than its cool. I dont care what you feel, just as long as you know that Cedar Point is the Best Amusement Park in the World." that is an opinion ie. my friend hates roller coasters there for he would hate both of them
2.SFMM does have a ton of *past* record holders, just because CP has record holders doesn't mean that in a few years some other roller coaster park might build something bigger and badder then CP's

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ???, six flags