intamin mega-lite overbank vv coaster

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#21 griffon14

griffon14

Drum line captain

• 1517 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 07:39 PM

New Zero-G, I think I got it. Right now an unweighted and inlubed car stops at the top so a 6 car weighted and lubed car should make it with speed. Don't be expecting an update any time soon because i'm going to disney next week and I have to get ready all this week.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Please comment.

500th post!!!

Future member of the UNCC Drumline

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Intimidator 305
Milf - Maverick - TTD - Dimondback - Griffon - Intimidator - Alpengist - Dominator - Thunderhead

#22 BBaller347

BBaller347

Mile Record - 4:31

• 973 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 08:07 PM

Looks awesome to me. The second picture make it look super epic. My only nitpick is there seems to be too many support boxes on the pull-in/pull-out. Like in the fourth picture, the boxes go up one and a half grays from them both. But it really doesn't matter that much... ;) Does it shake?

#23 -=TK=-

-=TK=-

Building maniacs

• 2753 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:35 AM

^i think he likes to build with loads of supports. The coaster looks magnificent so far. It's just a really nice flowing coaster. (so not much to comment on)

-=TK=-

Posted Image

#24 kne` builder

kne` builder

Architect

• 478 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 01:55 AM

Great! Keep Building

Posted Image

Top6 Coasters:
6:Raptor
5:Blue Fire
4:Maverick
3:Top Thrill Dragster
2:Millenium Force
1:Expedition GeForce

Coastercount: 62

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#25 griffon14

griffon14

Drum line captain

• 1517 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 05:06 PM

Well, I haven't really been working on this for a while and I'd like to explain myself. March has turned out to be a terrible month for me. Just to give you an idea of what I've been dealing with...

I have Jazz band practice every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 7:00 to 8:00 in the morning; school from 8:00 to 3:00 (3 out of my 4 classes are honors classes) ; I have tennis practice every day from 3:00 to 5:00; I then have an hour to walk across the street from my school to Mcdonalds and eat supper, do my homework, and walk back to school; then I have Musical practice (I'm the only one in the school that can read drum set music) from 6:00 to 10:00; I then get home around 11:00, take a shower, finish my homework, go to bed at 12:00, and wake up at 6:00 the next morning.

Now if you didn't read that big blurb above, I've been at school from 7:00 am to 10:00 pm the past two weeks and for the next two weeks.

Now to the coaster: I worked a little bit on some supports for a unique turn-around. If I get a comment i'll post an update next week.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Intimidator 305
Milf - Maverick - TTD - Dimondback - Griffon - Intimidator - Alpengist - Dominator - Thunderhead

#26 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 09:24 PM

I know what that's like. Well, at least you didn't cancel.

#27 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 09:29 PM

Life comes first. This can wait. Don't worry about us not getting an update, we understand.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#28 griffon14

griffon14

Drum line captain

• 1517 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 05:52 PM

Well, It's finnaly spring break and i have time to work on this. I want it finished by friday so i don't really have time to fix stuff so keep in mind that it wont be my best work.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

You can see where it's going next by the supports but I don't know what to do after. Any layout suggestions would help. Comment.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Intimidator 305

#29 Millcreek47

Millcreek47

BANNED

• 1186 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 06:25 PM

Makak says that an immelmann to the right would look better and flow better. But if you don't want to obey makak, he understands... You'll just have to suffer his wrath... After the Immelmann, I say you do a helix to the left 540* and a mcbr under the zero-g and drop into a cork and brakes...obey makak!

Posted Image
(Sig under construction)

-----XBL Gamertag - I were Speshul-----

Top 5: Time Machine, The Incredible Hulk, Goliath, Dueling Dragons, Georgia Scorcher

#30 griffon14

griffon14

Drum line captain

• 1517 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 10:38 AM

I can't do an immelmann. Already tried and in order for it to make it, it has to be incredibly small.

Please comment!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Intimidator 305

#31 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:42 AM

It's not really "overbanked," but if you can't fix that then I understand.

#32 griffon14

griffon14

Drum line captain

• 1517 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:01 PM

This spring break wasn't as productive as i thought it would be building wise. The only thing i did to the coaster was raise the entire thing by 1 grey rod in order to make an immelmann. right now i have the half loop built and hope to update with a finished inversion this weekend. since it's pretty obvious were the immelmann is going, i would like some layout ideas. I would like to squeeze in an air hill, a Corkskrew or two, and some sort of turning element. Thanks and COMMENT. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Intimidator 305

#33 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:40 PM

Don't do an airhill, it doesn't fit the type of coaster.

For a layout, after the immelman you could do a helix into an MCBR into double corks, then a helix up into the station.

#34 griffon14

griffon14

Drum line captain

• 1517 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 03:29 PM

Here's the new hieght and immellmann. :)
I have NOT started the banking on the immellmann in these pics. the track keeps going straight because i wanted to make sure the train would make it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

In the video you can see i'm using a 4 car train. I want to use a 6 car train but i haven't cleaned my cars yet. judging by the speed in the video, a 6 car train should work.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Intimidator 305

#35 Outerlimits659

Outerlimits659

Lead Engineer

• 1448 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 03:41 PM

Nice, very Raptor-like. What's next?

-OL659-

Posted Image

TTD l I305 l MF l Maverick l Dueling Dragons l Montu l Apollo's Chariot l Raptor l Hulk l Kumba

#36 Millcreek47

Millcreek47

BANNED

• 1186 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 03:48 PM

Dude. Definently make it bigger...you need the speed...

Posted Image
(Sig under construction)

-----XBL Gamertag - I were Speshul-----

Top 5: Time Machine, The Incredible Hulk, Goliath, Dueling Dragons, Georgia Scorcher

#37 griffon14

griffon14

Drum line captain

• 1517 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 04:30 PM

^thats what she said, but yah. i was going to make the immelmann a bit taller. sorry i forgot to mention that.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Intimidator 305

#38 the_burrito_master

the_burrito_master

mili force 10 years late.

• 2879 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:55 PM

Dude it looks great only it's too small that's what stinks about inverts you have to keep the track so high. Maybe you could raise the entire coaster a yellow.

Edit: naaa looking back it's fine.

#39 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:03 PM

I agree too small. Make it bigger and it's perfect!

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta
Coaster Count: 77

#40 griffon14

griffon14

Drum line captain

• 1517 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:09 PM

well, i built the immelmann before i raised the entire coaster. but now that i have more speed i do plan on raising it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Intimidator 305

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: intamin, mega-lite, overbank, vv coaster