hydro inverted k'nex kevyn230 nightshade

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#1 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 12:28 PM

Well it is me again. Well after Hydro I am making a inverted hyper coaster called Nightshade. It needs a lot of tweaking so I am doing it at the moment and I have made the lift hill. OK here is the pictures:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Well there you go. Please comment because I need a lot of help because I don't really know how to build Inverted coaster.

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#2 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 12:35 PM

Put gray rods instead of flexi's on the lift. Yours is WAY curvy and that will fix it. Your supports look very sturdy though.

#3 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 12:37 PM

First of all I want to say that your lift is absolutely not straight. you mustn't connect the two blue rods with the half moon through the holes of the half mones, you should click them in, this may work already. And second, you should just try to build the chain, post pictures and we'll help you ;)

Posted Image

#4 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 01:32 PM

Put gray rods instead of flexi's on the lift. Yours is WAY curvy and that will fix it. Your supports look very sturdy though.

Well OK, I have put gray rods but it is not that sturdy but quite sturdy.

First of all I want to say that your lift is absolutely not straight. you mustn't connect the two blue rods with the half moon through the holes of the half mones, you should click them in, this may work already. And second, you should just try to build the chain, post pictures and we'll help you ;)

OK I think I have straiten the lift hill. I have connected the blue rods a different way now. I have also done the chain.

So OK just a quick update for it because I have some spare time. So OK here are the picture's:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Please comment to help me out.

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#5 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 01:52 PM

looks good, you may want to make the chain a little shorter, it looks a little bit sloppy.

Posted Image

#6 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 02:58 PM

looks good, you may want to make the chain a little shorter, it looks a little bit sloppy.

OK I have shorten the chain.

Last update for the day so please comment on it.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Please comment. I really need them for this coaster because it is my first invert.

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#7 griffon14

griffon14

Drum line captain

• 1517 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 05:27 PM

It would look better with the support colomn on the inside of the turn not the outside

Future member of the UNCC Drumline

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Intimidator 305
Milf - Maverick - TTD - Dimondback - Griffon - Intimidator - Alpengist - Dominator - Thunderhead

#8 the_burrito_master

the_burrito_master

mili force 10 years late.

• 2879 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:06 PM

That support column must be on the inside you cant properly bank the track if it's there.

It has to be banked a lot more.

V man the loop on that coaster was tiny.

#9 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

• 7526 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 07:15 PM

It is much better to have the support structure on the inside of the drop, like this:

Posted Image

- Templar by CP-eph¥

It should also have some more banking.

#10 love4kanex

love4kanex

Architect

• 334 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:14 PM

Looking good so far, i agree you should put supports on the inside of the drop and i don't think iv'e ever heard of an inverted hyper before.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Coaster Count: 36

Knex Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/love4knex

New channel with funny videos:
http://www.youtube.c...ideosandstuff11

#11 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:38 AM

It would look better with the support column on the inside of the turn not the outside

OK I have banked on the inside.

That support column must be on the inside you cant properly bank the track if it's there.

It has to be banked a lot more.

V man the loop on that coaster was tiny.

OK I have banked on the inside ( the same as what I said with griffon14). I have also banked it a bit more now (I think)

It is much better to have the support structure on the inside of the drop, like this:

Posted Image

- Templar by CP-eph¥

It should also have some more banking.

OK I have done supports on the inside and I have banked it more.

Looking good so far, i agree you should put supports on the inside of the drop and i don't think iv'e ever heard of an inverted hyper before.

Thanks! I have put support on the inside and well yeah, inverted hyper will rule. OK you might know that I have banked it more and put a support column on the inside and outside (to make it sturdy). Time for the pic's:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

It may look like the car is hitting the support but it works fine (I think). Well comment on what do you think so I can move on to the next step.

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#12 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:39 PM

I really need your support guy's. If you don't comment I will just move on.

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#13 JPCoaster

JPCoaster

Lead Engineer

• 1292 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:50 PM

I think that it looks good but the track need more banking.

Posted Image

#14 kne` builder

kne` builder

Architect

• 478 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 07:47 AM

^
Black Mamba (Phantasialand)

like this ;)

Posted Image

Top6 Coasters:
6:Raptor
5:Blue Fire
4:Maverick
3:Top Thrill Dragster
2:Millenium Force
1:Expedition GeForce

Coastercount: 62

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#15 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 09:57 AM

I think that it looks good but the track need more banking.

OK I think I added enough banking now in this update that now coming

^

like this ;)

OK I think I have got it.

OK I think if I add any more banking It will be upside down so well... Here is the update:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Please, please comment on this coaster. I can't make it without them because I need a load of help so... Comment!

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#16 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

• 7526 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:28 AM

Realistically, the top half should have more banking. The way you have it now would create a bunch of lateral G's. Here's a good reference picture:

Posted Image

In that one spot, the track is almost at 90*. You don't have to do it quite that much, but a little more banking on the top half would make it more realistic.

#17 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:47 AM

Realistically, the top half should have more banking. The way you have it now would create a bunch of lateral G's. Here's a good reference picture:

Posted Image

In that one spot, the track is almost at 90*. You don't have to do it quite that much, but a little more banking on the top half would make it more realistic.

Well OK I have made more banking on the turn. Hopefully this will be the finale time but I will modified it because I want to be the best as I can make it.

Here is the new picture:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Really guy's, please comment! I need them.

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#18 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 12:13 PM

That looks better, but I think it must be banked more. I can see you're going to get in trouble with the chain if you bank it more. So I think you do it like this:

Posted Image

black = support
red = track
green = chain/gears

So if you make the pre-drop right, the track should be completely straight. From then on you can easily make the track. It would be very nice if you can place the supports on the inside of the drop, even though it's with tubes, you can see that on the reference picture steel gave you! Good luck.

Posted Image

#19 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:40 PM

That looks better, but I think it must be banked more. I can see you're going to get in trouble with the chain if you bank it more. So I think you do it like this:

Posted Image

black = support
red = track
green = chain/gears

So if you make the pre-drop right, the track should be completely straight. From then on you can easily make the track. It would be very nice if you can place the supports on the inside of the drop, even though it's with tubes, you can see that on the reference picture steel gave you! Good luck.

OK I have changed the lift slightly and the layout still going to stay the same but it is how it is set.

Here the new pic's:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Comment!

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#20 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:23 PM

I really need comments guys. I know I am not the best builder in the world and I know that I can't just force people to comment. Please comment though because I need a lot of help on this.

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hydro, inverted, k'nex, kevyn230, nightshade