hydro inverted k'nex kevyn230 nightshade

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#21 mynci321

mynci321

100%

• 664 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 03:05 PM

The lift looks good, but the drop still needs more banking.

Posted Image

#22 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:28 PM

I really need comments guys. I know I am not the best builder in the world and I know that I can't just force people to comment. Please comment though because I need a lot of help on this.

You've said that about 12 times now, and this was only 40 minutes after your update. It's good that you want comments because that means you want to become better and will listen to advice, but you should at least give people some time to comment.

On the other hand, your coaster looks a bit better (although from the camera angles you posted it's hard to tell). I say move on.

#23 kne` builder

kne` builder

Architect

• 478 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 10:03 AM

just bank the last turnig part a little more, so that is is almost 90*.

EDIT:
Next time mayby post your updates before going to bed.
then we have about 8 hours to post w.o. of you post this "please post comments!" comments. ;)

Posted Image

Top6 Coasters:
6:Raptor
5:Blue Fire
4:Maverick
3:Top Thrill Dragster
2:Millenium Force
1:Expedition GeForce

Coastercount: 62

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#24 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 12:18 PM

The lift looks good, but the drop still needs more banking.

OK I will try bt I am having difficulties with the banking.

You've said that about 12 times now, and this was only 40 minutes after your update. It's good that you want comments because that means you want to become better and will listen to advice, but you should at least give people some time to comment.

OK but I really want to get a move on with this drop part but next time I will leave some more time for people to comment and I won't beg for them.

On the other hand, your coaster looks a bit better (although from the camera angles you posted it's hard to tell). I say move on.

Yeah sorry about camera angle but it is a bit awkward to try get it for the right angle. I will bank it don't you worry ;).

just bank the last turnig part a little more, so that is is almost 90*.

EDIT:
Next time mayby post your updates before going to bed.
then we have about 8 hours to post w.o. of you post this "please post comments!" comments. ;)

Yeah I will try that and I will bank it more.

Well no update now but I am going to make the part before the bend longer so I have more time to bank the turn because I won't go 90 degrees straight away so well OK. Just leave a comment (if you want to) about how you think it sounds.

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#25 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 02:42 PM

No comments :(. Well anyway I have got the next update. So here are the pictures:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Well I think I have got it right so comment please! I really need your help guys.

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#26 the_burrito_master

the_burrito_master

mili force 10 years late.

• 2879 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 05:36 PM

Nice great banking! Is it gonna be a 90* 180* or *270 turn.

#27 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 02:04 AM

Nice great banking! Is it gonna be a 90* 180* or *270 turn.

It is only going to be a 90* turn into a overbank.

Well only one comment but at least I can move on now. :)

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#28 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 03:52 PM

Well OK I have got the logo of the coaster. Here it is:

Posted Image

Well anyway time for the update. OK, now that I have successfully done the turn it is the drop. It looks bumpy but that is because of the track rods. It ends so I have to put a new one and it makes it look bumpy. I have also put a tube support to support it more because it shakes a lot (but that could be from the lack of track there is). Well here are the pictures:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Well I won't be on till late tomorrow because I have got a golf tournament and it is about a 1 hour drive to where I have to go and I have to pick my clubs up my locker at my home course. So leave as many comments as possible!

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#29 Millcreek47

Millcreek47

BANNED

• 1186 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 06:43 PM

How bout a direct side view?

Posted Image
(Sig under construction)

-----XBL Gamertag - I were Speshul-----

Top 5: Time Machine, The Incredible Hulk, Goliath, Dueling Dragons, Georgia Scorcher

#30 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 03:02 AM

How bout a direct side view?

OK I have tried to get it and well... I only just got it. I can't do any more direct side view from this side because of how the layout is and the room I have got.

So well here are the side view pictures. It looks really bumpy in these pictures but with my own eye it looks really smooth:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Comment!

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#31 kne` builder

kne` builder

Architect

• 478 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 03:47 AM

it has to be more a (first)TURNING(second)drop.
it has to be a turn going downwards FROM a strait part.
like this:
Black Mamba (Phantasialand)

Posted Image

Top6 Coasters:
6:Raptor
5:Blue Fire
4:Maverick
3:Top Thrill Dragster
2:Millenium Force
1:Expedition GeForce

Coastercount: 62

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#32 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 09:49 AM

Needs to keep banking after it hits the straight drop part.
Posted Image

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta
Coaster Count: 77

#33 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 12:10 PM

it has to be more a (first)TURNING(second)drop.
it has to be a turn going downwards FROM a strait part.
like this:
Black Mamba (Phantasialand)

Well I don't really want to do that so I just keeping with the 90* turn. I not a expert at this type of stuff and I think I will find that hard. I am only just managing to carry on with this coaster.

Needs to keep banking after it hits the straight drop part.
Posted Image

Well I have banked it and looking at the picture it doesn't look banked so much so I banked it a little and it looks like this:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Well Comment!

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#34 Millcreek47

Millcreek47

BANNED

• 1186 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 01:04 PM

That looks awesome. My only complaint is that the pullout is a bit big. Make it smaller and you got yourself a nice invert drop.

Now, what is your plan with the invert/hyper idea? No inversions? Hypers usually mean a lot of airtime, but on an invert you usually dont get a lot. I've ridden The Dualing Dragons. The Fire Dragon has the only invert camelback I know of (correct me if I'm wrong) and I didn't get that much airtime. My guess is that the hill has to be VERY gradual, and not too sharp like sitdowns are, so that the cars don't hit eachother because of the way they were designed.

Good luck though. I'm interested.

Posted Image
(Sig under construction)

Top 5: Time Machine, The Incredible Hulk, Goliath, Dueling Dragons, Georgia Scorcher

#35 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 01:54 PM

That looks awesome. My only complaint is that the pullout is a bit big. Make it smaller and you got yourself a nice invert drop.

Now, what is your plan with the invert/hyper idea? No inversions? Hypers usually mean a lot of airtime, but on an invert you usually dont get a lot. I've ridden The Dualing Dragons. The Fire Dragon has the only invert camelback I know of (correct me if I'm wrong) and I didn't get that much airtime. My guess is that the hill has to be VERY gradual, and not too sharp like sitdowns are, so that the cars don't hit eachother because of the way they were designed.

Good luck though. I'm interested.

Well MC, I know invert's don't have a lot of airtime and a hyper coaster are meant for airtime which is a problem but the next phase of this coaster is a overbank which might go slowly over and just make it. I might be more than 90* which could lift you out of your sit. Or do you want it to go pretty fast so I won't make it as big. Well if you don't like the idea you choose an idea I can do and I will try and get a picture to show the room and the space I have got left to work with.

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#36 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 02:28 PM

Well OK the pull out is smaller now so here are the pictures:

Posted Image

And now the rest of my room for the planing for the next thing after the drop:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Well I need a plan for what is next so please comment and think what should I do next for the space that I have got!

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#37 Millcreek47

Millcreek47

BANNED

• 1186 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 04:18 PM

Red= 130* Overbank
Blue= air hill
Green= 130* flat turn
Maroon= stengel
Grey= rise into mcbr (perpendicular to air hill(blue))
Black= MCBR
Pink= drop into 270* helix, drop out and turning pullout parallel to lift.
Orange= half of a hill into a inclined brake run and 180* turn and station.

Posted Image

I did a good job for paint on a laptop :D

Posted Image
(Sig under construction)

#38 coastermaniac

coastermaniac

Lead Engineer

• 1862 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 06:29 PM

IMO the pull-out was better before...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1|Tatsu 2|KK 3|Montu 4|Medusa 5|Kumba 6|Nitro 7|Goliath 8|Goliath 9|DD:F 10|Excalibur

#39 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 01:18 AM

Red= 130* Overbank
Blue= air hill
Green= 130* flat turn
Maroon= stengel
Grey= rise into mcbr (perpendicular to air hill(blue))
Black= MCBR
Pink= drop into 270* helix, drop out and turning pullout parallel to lift.
Orange= half of a hill into a inclined brake run and 180* turn and station.

Posted Image

I did a good job for paint on a laptop :D

Well I like the idea but I don't know if I will have enough pieces and second the helix would block my door from opening so well. It is sleep with my door open if I do that but I like my privacy.

IMO the pull-out was better before...

You want me to change it back?

Well OK guys there is a little discussion for the pull out so I will show the two pictures:

Old Posted Image

New Posted Image

Well you decide on what one is better. If it is old I will change it back but if it is the new one I will keep it the same. Comment!

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#40 Cedars650258516

Cedars650258516

Stank

• 489 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 08:28 AM

The pullout looks better the second time around!

You should have an overbank (90*) the a loop, a helix back towards the pullout a heartline and some bunny hops back to the station.facing the start of the lift.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hydro, inverted, k'nex, kevyn230, nightshade