Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 01:53 PM

that sucks man

I know. Well it is back up... Yay!

Wow man...
You just got an all-day-suck...
Hope you can rebuilt it soon, and don't forget to thank your dad for helping!

I don't mind about the colors, this is just as good.

Yes I will thank him and yes... I just got a 'all-day-suck' and it is built back up. Thanks about not minding about the colour, I am just helping the environment! :)

Well I have finally got it back to normal, it 'nearly' looks like the one before it was taken down. Here are the pictures:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Comment please!

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#82 Jonny

Jonny

Lead Engineer

• 1648 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 06:01 AM

Why don't you just make the coaster turn the other way so the you can Save speed.

#83 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:07 PM

Why don't you just make the coaster turn the other way so the you can Save speed.

It is nearly coming to the station and it will ruin the layout plan. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Well I have started the helix so here are the pictures:

Posted ImagePosted Image

It is still a work in progress and it is not as tight now but still comment so... Please comment!

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#84 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:34 PM

Shaping looks okay but your supports look very weak. If you want to make it better, I suggest you put box supports on the whole turn.

#85 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:05 AM

Shaping looks okay but your supports look very weak. If you want to make it better, I suggest you put box supports on the whole turn.

The only problem with that is that I am running out of pieces and I am not very good with putting it all the way round with my base connections in that way.

Well due to Steel, I have supported my coaster a little more with some tube supports. Here are the pictures:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Please comment!

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#86 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 11:03 AM

No comment!?!??!?! Well anyway I am going faster now. I am building more because my cousins are coming and I need to put the boxes away so I am going to complete before they come. Here are the pictures:

Well I have to use a 4car-train because of the speed running out at the end. It only just gets to the top (with the chain lift going fast). So I have to keep it like that. Please comment!

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#87 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 11:28 AM

Correct me if I am wrong but I don't see any weights under your trains. If you are concerned about gaining speed than you should absolutely do that.

I mean, the shaping isn't the best but it is a nice little coaster. Pretty basic layout, but you are taking in advice and progressing. Good work.

Check out my blog: Life Is A Roller Coaster

(Coaster count: 504)

Blitzen Cyber Chase Prowler Tuscarora Ra: God of Sun Jersey Thunder Phoenix La Bestia Ripsaw

#88 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 06:27 AM

Correct me if I am wrong but I don't see any weights under your trains. If you are concerned about gaining speed than you should absolutely do that.

I mean, the shaping isn't the best but it is a nice little coaster. Pretty basic layout, but you are taking in advice and progressing. Good work.

I never thought about weighting my trains. It really helps now I have done it. The coaster is shaky but it makes the helix with alot of speed. Also the layout is very basic because I don't have alot of pieces. I only have 7 green flexies left and about 20 green crossties and only about 30 yellows/ 0 Granites. Thanks anyway!

So after taking in chubs advice I weighted my cars and the train goes through the helix very well:

Weighted trains
Posted Image

Coaster
Posted ImagePosted Image

Video
Posted Image

My cousins are coming tommorow so I won't be building for a while and that is why I pulled out of 'Summer Heat' but I am still doing the Oblivion Recreation. I am going on holiday next week aswell so well, yeah. Please comment, and if you comment fast I will post another update today (if I build).

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#89 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 02:26 AM

No comments! I though there would be at least 1. Well anyway here is the next update. I have done the break run and it will lead to the station:

Well I really need comments!

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#90 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 02:50 AM

I'd like to say that the tube supports you added make very little to no effect on the track. They can twist and are actually just putting strain on the track in a downwards direction. Consider some different type of support for those.

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#91 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 03:16 PM

I'd like to say that the tube supports you added make very little to no effect on the track. They can twist and are actually just putting strain on the track in a downwards direction. Consider some different type of support for those.

I don't really know. I am just test with them and I think its fine. Well, anyway I have finished now.

As I said I have finished and here are the pictures:

Well comment!

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#92 Outerlimits659

Outerlimits659

Lead Engineer

• 1448 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 05:12 PM

Hey, you can put the pictures on top of each other as opposed to side by side. Just hit Enter after you post each URL.

Looks pretty good, but like Max said, the tubes aren't doing much..

-OL659-

Posted Image

TTD l I305 l MF l Maverick l Dueling Dragons l Montu l Apollo's Chariot l Raptor l Hulk l Kumba

#93 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 03:39 AM

Hey, you can put the pictures on top of each other as opposed to side by side. Just hit Enter after you post each URL.

Looks pretty good, but like Max said, the tubes aren't doing much..

-OL659-

You want me to take them off? I am not really good with the tube supports, so I am trying them out.

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#94 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 08:27 AM

Well, no one helped me with the tubes so I kept them on (I said if I should take them off so someone could at least replied to say). Well I see so many coaster in the model thread in front of mine so I really needed to get a move on with this video so I did. It was only quick, about 30 minutes of filming and 10 minutes of editing but it was trying to get it on the computer the hard part. Well I am happy with the product and I hope to get going with my next coaster soon.

The final video:

Hope you find it good and enjoy it.

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#95 TheSUCKCrew

TheSUCKCrew

Way too old

• 4095 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 08:43 AM

You can be happy with the result, it's a cool coaster!
It's really smooth and doesn't shake, so good job!
Also, next time you may try to make a cam-stand with knex, I always do that for my mom's SE vivaz, because I find it hard to hold the cam stirdy.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hydro, inverted, k'nex, kevyn230, nightshade