Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit Recreation

hollywood rip ride rockit ioageek 2012

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#41 IonZer0

IonZer0

Wow, we can make these statuses really long now.

• 859 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:41 AM

I look at the non-inverting loop: Wow! That looks great!
I look at the drop: Hmm. That looks pretty good.
I look at the crest: OMG IT BURNS! Haha, just kidding, but it needs to be fixed. It should be round like you had it before, not flat.

Posted Image

TOP 10

1. I305 2. Fury325 3. Skyrush 4. Manta 5. Thunderhead 6. Stormrunner 7. Wildcat 8. Fahrenheit 9. Intimidator 10. Wild Eagle

I305 Count: 11

#42 sonicriders789

sonicriders789

Construction Foreman

• 267 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:15 PM

hollywood rip ride rockit - Bing Images

hollywood rip ride rockit - Bing Images

look at these in comparrison to your ride. I think that the drop needs to be actually less steep, but that is my opinion. may you should skale it down a little more, like 8/1?

#43 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:02 PM

Nioceee. impressive f how you managed to pull it off with That height so well.

Posted Image

#44 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:54 AM

Hey guys! Thanks for all of the comments, I did my best at fix the areas in the coaster where you said they need it most. I widened the pullout fro the drop two granite rods and that helped a lot by the way. I also tried to redo the top of the non-inverted loop, but I just can't do it right and it just keeps looking the same every time. Finally, I built up to the first mid-course brake run. That's the highest that I could get the train up to by the way. Do you guys think I should widen the pullout for the exit of the non-inverted loop, because I think that it looks just to tight when the car goes through it. I could also get so more speed out of it to. Enjoy the pictures and test video I took!

Please comment!

Overview
Posted Image
The mid course brake run
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
The non-inverted loop
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The test video

#45 Maxwell58

Maxwell58

French Horn is life.

• 1765 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:35 AM

Dang! Looking nice! Smooth shaping. The HRRR is kinof a confusing coaster to me. It's just strange. But I like it.

​I didn't choose the band life, the band life chose me.

#46 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:51 AM

Wow, very impressive! The drop is still a bit off, bit everything else looks good. Are you sure you'll have enough speed for the next element?

Formally RK500

#47 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:56 PM

Dang! Looking nice! Smooth shaping. The HRRR is kinof a confusing coaster to me. It's just strange. But I like it.

Thanks! I know it can be kind of confusing, I was confused of how the buckle wen't around the non-inverted loop yesterday. That's what makes this coaster so unique. There's a totally new element after each mid course brake run!

Wow, very impressive! The drop is still a bit off, bit everything else looks good. Are you sure you'll have enough speed for the next element?

Thanks! Do you think I should make the drop less steep? I think I'll have enough to finish the next element. The chains for the mid course brake runs should help me out a lot in this coaster too.

I'm going to Adventure Island, the water park right across the street from Busch Gardens Tampa tomorrow, so I'll probably won't build as much, maybe at night though.

Anymore comments guys?

#48 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:27 PM

Okay, here's another update! So far I've built the drop after the first MCBR and I think it's pretty good. But I don't like the entry into the treble clef element, I think it needs more banking and I don't know how to support it when it's getting higher. I need to save a lot of speed in this element and the next two in order to complete the ride. I moved the ride around, in order for it to fit in my building area properly, and I think it will nicely. On a side note I wen't to Busch Gardens today and there was no one there today! I got front row on Cheetah Hut, Montu, Scropian, and Sheikra( my little sister went on the front for the first time too). Finally on Gwazi I got to sit next to three hot girls about 14-15 in front of me and next to me in the back of the train too.

Please comment!

The drop
Posted Image
The turn
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#49 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:38 PM

The shaping looks pretty decent. Nice job. I hope you are able to finish the model

#50 Haaron05

Haaron05

Thee tower master

• 599 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:49 AM

shaping looks pretty good, i dont see any bumbs or strait spots :). keep up the good work :)

Posted Image[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Posted Image

(cop)KNEX AUSTRALIA!(cop)

#51 CCreator12

CCreator12

(CoasterCreator12)

• 325 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:34 AM

Your right it does need to be more banked, you will ger more speed out of it

Every post is a love letter to a forum once full of innovation

#52 2015ASM

2015ASM

Front Seat or Nothing

• 650 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:14 AM

Banking will be needed, but i think i see something that no one else sees. The drop from the exit of the MCBR is too straight. It needs to bank right slightly and drop at 120 or 130 degrees with the MCBR then it should enter the bowl element. With space constrictions you may need to move that bin sitting there but i think it should work :)

Looks Great,

-AsM

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Griffon - Apollo - Millennium - TTD - Nitro - Kingda Ka - Maverick - Alpengeist - Hulk - Fahrenheit

Nighthawk-Lithium-Archangel-Insomnia- Airborne

Current Project(s):
Requiem

#53 RNB

RNB

VV builder

• 1808 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:57 AM

Looks great! Just bank it a tad more and you're fine!

#54 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:02 PM

Hey everyone, thanks for all of the comments too! Here's the update you guys have been waiting for! Sorry I haven't been updating sooner, I was at Universal Studios for the weekend and rode HRRR two times, with the blue man group drum-bone once, which I saw them with there new show later that night and for some reason without any music. It sounded very quiet with the music by the way. So I finished the treble clef element and banked the turn as you guys told me to do. I also built the catwalk for the first MCBR. I used my video camera to take the photos today, so they're kind of bright, my regular cameras cord is broken, so we're getting a new one soon! I hope you guys enjoy the pictures and video and have a great day!

The first MCBR catwalk
Posted Image
The fixed turning drop
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
The treble clef
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The test video

Please comment!

#55 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:11 PM

I've underestimated your shaping skills because that is fantastic! Really nice work dude.

Posted Image

#56 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:55 PM

I like it but i doubt you will finish it no offense. Good job.

#57 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:16 PM

I've underestimated your shaping skills because that is fantastic! Really nice work dude.

Thanks, no one really talks about my building skills to much!

I like it but i doubt you will finish it no offense. Good job.

Thanks, I know I may not finish it but I'll try without a booster.

Okay so I was at Busch Gardens again and it was a great day, I rode every in the front row, without any wait!

Any more comments?

#58 MrRemcoStyle

MrRemcoStyle

dream'n

• 378 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:54 PM

I like it, Move on!

Posted Image

#59 Maxwell58

Maxwell58

French Horn is life.

• 1765 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:55 PM

I agree. I didn't expect it to be this good. Great job IOAgeek!

​I didn't choose the band life, the band life chose me.

#60 finrollercoaste09

finrollercoaste09

Comming soon Typhoon X!!!

• 316 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:27 PM

I like this coaster, because this have excellent shaping there :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hollywood rip ride rockit, ioageek, 2012