Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:49 PM

i like your coaster alot.

keep building this great coaster

#82 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:43 PM

Hey everyone, here's another update for you guys! So for this update, I completed the turn after the buckle that goes under the vertical lift, and I completed the Stengel dive thing turn. The train makes the Stengel dive with great speed. I ran out of rods, but don't worry I bought another SS yesterday to finish this beast. The supports on the end of the Stengel are not final by the way. I'll try to get a third train up and running through the layout, after I get more tape, to tape it to tape the weights to the train! I;m using two 12v motors to power HRRR's lift, but it can't lift it up all the way, but I bought another one today too, do you think that it will be enough to power the lift with three 12v motors? Enjoy the pictures and test videos guys. I think I have great speed and height left to complete this coaster!

Please comment!

The turn after the buckle
Posted Image
Posted Image
The Stengel dive
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
The 12v motors to power the lift
Posted Image
What turns it on
Posted Image

The test video!

#83 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:53 PM

Wow. There is a minuscule straight spot on the Stengel dive. That can be easily fixed. Howany x-ties you got left? And with your upcoming SS you're definatley going tonfinish this coaster. Great job. For your next coaster, you should re-create Kumba.

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#84 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:10 PM

Awesome! I think you'll have great speed to the end! Just fix the straight spots that are around the stengel, and I think after that you can be sure that your shaping is perfect!

Posted Image

#85 griffon14

griffon14

Drum line captain

• 1517 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:04 AM

if you're running out of yellow/granite rods, i suggest going back through you ride and seeing if there are any spots that you can replace a group of granites with on long grey rod. It's always very affective for me and shouldn't affect your speed at all if you do it right.

Future member of the UNCC Drumline

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Intimidator 305
Milf - Maverick - TTD - Dimondback - Griffon - Intimidator - Alpengist - Dominator - Thunderhead

#86 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:22 AM

Wow. There is a minuscule straight spot on the Stengel dive. That can be easily fixed. Howany x-ties you got left? And with your upcoming SS you're definatley going tonfinish this coaster. Great job. For your next coaster, you should re-create Kumba.

Thanks, I fixed the straight spot on the Stengal Dive, that you're talking about. I just went under the halfway point of all my x-ties in my huge bin that they're in. I'm not going to recreate Kumba for my next coaster. That will take so many pieces to do, I'll run put just after the cobra roll probably, but I've been on that ride many times before, and it's not that rough as everyone thinks. I want my next coaster to be a tube supported hyper coaster, and I already got the layout in my head.

Awesome! I think you'll have great speed to the end! Just fix the straight spots that are around the stengel, and I think after that you can be sure that your shaping is perfect!

Thanks, I have great speed and both trains make the Stengal Dive with very realistic speed. I'm going to get more tape today, to weigh my final weights to my third train after I lube it today! I fixed the straight spot in the Stengal Dive too!

if you're running out of yellow/granite rods, i suggest going back through you ride and seeing if there are any spots that you can replace a group of granites with on long grey rod. It's always very affective for me and shouldn't affect your speed at all if you do it right.

Thanks, I'll try that today, I never thought of that, I have sooo many gray rods by the way too!

Anymore comments guys?

#87 < NCcoaster >

< NCcoaster >

panaino

• 677 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:30 PM

You spelled his
Posted Image
name wrong.
Everything looks amazing so far, so keep going. Since you already got this far, it's worth it to buy more pieces if you can't finish.

#88 jp95

jp95

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:49 PM

i like your coaster alot.

#89 Joost12

Joost12

Knex Freak

• 274 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:47 AM

Awesome job!

-Joost

#90 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:20 PM

You spelled his
Posted Image
name wrong.
Everything looks amazing so far, so keep going. Since you already got this far, it's worth it to buy more pieces if you can't finish.

Thanks, yep that's what I'm thinking too!

i like your coaster a lot.

Thanks!

Awesome job!

-Joost

Thanks!

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been able to update in so long, I've been very busy lately and my SS took forever to get to my house, but don't worry I build a lot in this update! I finished the Stengal dive, the third mcbr, and the turn to the fourth mcbr, the supports aren't final for the turn, but I'm just sketching it out in the small space that I have left. The train makes the third mcbr and the turn barley! I will try to finish the layout tomorrow if possible and finish the theming and test running for the final video! I didn't put a test video int his update because I don't think it's important now, but don't worry, the complete circuit update will have a test video! Enjoy the pictures and have a great rest of your day!

Please comment!

The overview of it
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
The turning drop
Posted Image
Where the queue is going to be
Posted Image
The room that I have left
Posted Image
A mirror image of HRRR's layout, with me taking the picture in it, the flash picture was much worse than without the flash!
Posted Image

#91 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:38 PM

First I am going to say- that you should probably buy another SS with the like 400 dollars you've saved so that you can make supports for that weird turning element. Secondly- I thought there were some like turns and stuff before the turn, like after the MCBR. BUt overall I am sure you will finish this it's almost done! Yep I just watched a POV there's a small turn to the left thats also a little hill

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

#92 Joost12

Joost12

Knex Freak

• 274 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:25 AM

The trackwork looks good to me only the supports doesn't look good.

-Joost

#93 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:09 AM

Yeah the supports look about as stable as some of mine at this point but you said they're not finished so I'll bare with you in this case. The shaping looks pretty smooth though and the rest of the ride looks great.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#94 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:06 AM

I'm glad that you're gonna change the supports and not keep them 'cause you were running out of pieces. The track work looks very good. I hope the train makes the rest of the track!

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#95 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:40 PM

I'm glad that you're gonna change the supports and not keep them 'cause you were running out of pieces. The track work looks very good. I hope the train makes the rest of the track!

Thanks!

Yeah the supports look about as stable as some of mine at this point but you said they're not finished so I'll bare with you in this case. The shaping looks pretty smooth though and the rest of the ride looks great.

Thanks, I fixed the supporsts

The trackwork looks good to me only the supports doesn't look good.

-Joost

Thanks I fixed them!

First I am going to say- that you should probably buy another SS with the like 400 dollars you've saved so that you can make supports for that weird turning element. Secondly- I thought there were some like turns and stuff before the turn, like after the MCBR. But overall I am sure you will finish this it's almost done! Yep I just watched a POV there's a small turn to the left thats also a little hill

Yep there wasn't much room left now that I reached the window on the other side of the room!

Okay everyone this is it we finally made it to the last update of HRRR can you believe it. I finally supported the turn after the 3rd MCBR and the rest of the layout and it makes it nicely into the brake run! I should finish the final video by next week so I'll try to make my best one yet for you guys and well see how I do! What I have left to do is fix the tire drive, make the entrance sign for the queue entrance, and test this coaster tons of times to make sure it's good for the final video to be shot soon! Please comment on this amazing accomplishment of me and enjoy the pictures and test video, and have a great rest of your day guys!

What I finished in the final update
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
The long queue I made
Posted Image
The rings that are completed and cemented glued onto the connectors don't worry the glue comes off easily!
Posted Image
A hard overview shot to do
Posted Image
All of the pieces that I had left I was running out fast
Posted Image
Posted Image
The brakes on the brake run that stop the car perfectly in to the station chain
Posted Image
A cool treble clef picture I took!
Posted Image
My final video camera not the test video camera I use a crappy flip camera for that
Posted Image
My phone(for you Trevor to see what it looks like)
Posted Image
Cockroach anyone, looks like this guy was waiting for opening day but couldn't hold in the excitement and anticipation for to long until he died!
Posted Image

The test video!

#96 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:55 PM

This wa the most random and funny update ive seen in a long time. LOL. Poor roach, us Floridian people have to deal with them. I think the coaster looks good and as you know I did prepare a longer post but my iPod died. Just situate the brake run, and make the final video! ( and throw away the roach ) eew

#97 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:46 PM

This wa the most random and funny update ive seen in a long time. LOL. Poor roach, us Floridian people have to deal with them. I think the coaster looks good and as you know I did prepare a longer post but my iPod died. Just situate the brake run, and make the final video! ( and throw away the roach ) eew

Thanks I fixed the brake run and threw away the roach!

Come on guys only one comment on the final update, can I get a few more comments I put in a lot of time and effort in to finish the coaster for you to see altogether!

#98 < NCcoaster >

< NCcoaster >

panaino

• 677 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:26 PM

This has been a very cool recreation and it looks just like the real thing. I would of told you to speed up the chains but the real thing actually does go that slow, the last element looks very cool. This is also my favorite coaster of yours.

#99 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:49 PM

This has been a very cool recreation and it looks just like the real thing. I would of told you to speed up the chains but the real thing actually does go that slow, the last element looks very cool. This is also my favorite coaster of yours.

Thanks!

Well this is it here's the final video for HRRR watch and enjoy guys I think I picked a great song too!

I post and update for my next coaster soon in a few weeks which I'm not going to tell you what it is until that thread starts!

Please comment!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hollywood rip ride rockit, ioageek, 2012