final goliath hyper titan

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#21 crazyracer

crazyracer

Architect

• 550 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:41 AM

great job with the huge turn this will be an amazing recre, if finished, but even if not completed will still be nice for it`s massive height

#22 < NCcoaster >

< NCcoaster >

panaino

• 677 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:02 PM

Over a month since my last update, yikes.
I haven't been building fast because I have lots of micro knex pieces to sort.
Pretty soon I will be doing a test run of this coaster because it is half way complete.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image[/URL]
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I will add another terrain trekker because 1 is to weak.

#23 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:10 AM

I really love the style on this thing, really looks massive too...

You could also try torquing up the gears. I don't know if your cars are weighted or how big the trains are but it's worth a shot.

Check out my blog: Life Is A Roller Coaster

(Coaster count: 504)

Blitzen Cyber Chase Prowler Tuscarora Ra: God of Sun Jersey Thunder Phoenix La Bestia Ripsaw

#24 Josh Monster

Josh Monster

Works with Alpal.

• 491 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:06 PM

This looks amazing (and very big). This is one of my favorite wooden coasters, cool to see it made out of knex. Can't wait to see a test run and I hope you don't run into speed issues. Good luck! :)

Posted Image

#25 Turtle Man 24

Turtle Man 24

I Lost The Game

• 1198 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:20 PM

Looks awesome. Can't wait to see a test video like Josh said. Can't wait till the next update to see more of this monster!

turtleman24.png
http://www.coasterco.../#Turtle Man 24

[Turtle Man 24] 1:34 am: Thou shall know not of meaness of Mean Streak, so thou must talk not of it

#26 < NCcoaster >

< NCcoaster >

panaino

• 677 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:16 PM

Test Video!

#27 Witting

Witting

Lead Engineer

• 1077 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:03 AM

dude that's a cray big coaster where are you going to completely set this up? your garden looks too small

Posted Image
^ thank you CCI

Inversion count: 110
http://www.coastercounter.com/witting

#28 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:43 AM

This is looking awesome dude I hope you can finish this too, i love this ride btw I've been on it are you're trains, weighted and lubed too.

#29 crazyracer

crazyracer

Architect

• 550 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:44 AM

wow so cool that you got that train going. I know it has to be hard to try to not loose speed , and that`s what makes me so impressed. I also have been on the ride , and it`s a pretty big layout so hope you can finish it.

#30 < NCcoaster >

< NCcoaster >

panaino

• 677 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:46 PM

Thanks for commenting, there is good news that I will be forced to finish this coaster before June 22 which gives me only a month. I need to buy a lot more pieces because I am almost out of my long grey rods. I will be working crazy to sell some of my micro pieces and coaster dynamix which I need to put on ebay while I buy more pieces at the same time. I already owe my parents $200 but my b-day is also in June. Hopefully I can pull this off.

#31 MrRemcoStyle

MrRemcoStyle

dream'n

• 378 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:57 AM

this looks really epic i think xD

Posted Image

#32 crazyracer

crazyracer

Architect

• 550 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:41 PM

wow super cool

#33 ForgotToGrowUp

ForgotToGrowUp

Lead Engineer

• 1732 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:04 AM

taking over the house, I love it!

Comet Recreation still underway.

Proof you never grow up if you keep playing with toys!

#34 < NCcoaster >

< NCcoaster >

panaino

• 677 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:10 PM

I've changed from 2 terrain trecker motors that I had earlier to a drill for the lift, so the trains will go the same speed. This will probably be done around June 16,17 or 18th. Today I built the next turn and hill parallel to the lift which are almost complete. After this coaster I will be able to build again around July 10th.

#35 < NCcoaster >

< NCcoaster >

panaino

• 677 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:19 PM

Update 6/4

Posted Image
station, tire set up.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
drill and lift gears set up
Posted Image
same turn
Posted Image

Posted Image
chain returns
Posted Image
station roof, does this look too dark
Posted Image
Station
Posted Image

I'm probably going to set this up tomorrow to see if everything matches up. Then it will be easier to see how everything looks.:)

#36 TheCodeMaster

TheCodeMaster

Resident Nolimits 2 Expert

• 761 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:50 PM

Looks really nice =)
Inspired me to want to build something similar.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[18-07, 09:16] SCM: I only see 14 inversions. There's supposed to be 14 inversions.

STEEL VENOM - DRAGON - JAWHARP - ARMAGEDDON - ICE - CEREBUS - DIABLO - STEEL VENOM - THE REVENGE - CLIFFHANGER - FALCON - SMILER - ALTON TOWERS

Construction zone:

None

#37 Turtle Man 24

Turtle Man 24

I Lost The Game

• 1198 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:52 AM

Wow, looks awesome. It's reminding me of how I'm having to build my Blue Streak recreation, one section at a time, then putting it all together and testing it to make sure it works, then take it down, then build more to it.

turtleman24.png
http://www.coasterco.../#Turtle Man 24

[Turtle Man 24] 1:34 am: Thou shall know not of meaness of Mean Streak, so thou must talk not of it

#38 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:01 AM

Super smooth right now. You've nailed the pacing and the supports look epic too. I'm glad you're building this and not me because, even though I know it's wooden, there would be interlocking loops just for the lolz.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#39 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:11 PM

You're making great progress. Some spots seem to be inadequately supported, but I'll trust that you know what you're doing.

#40 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:46 AM

The general shaping of the track looks good. However, there is still room for improvement, especially when it comes to the layering of the rods. There are some small bumps in the track right now, which could be fixed easily.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: final, goliath, hyper, titan